“Great experience!”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Harlingen, Texas
“Great experience!”
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Definitely would stay here again. Staff was very friendly; sheets and bed were very clean. Room was spacious and had a nice touch of indirect lighting. Bathroom had granite counter space with plenty of room on both sides with additional under-sink, open storage space. Another nice touch was the shower curtain had a clear view "window" at eye-level with the rest being white. There were 2 complimentary bottles of water, microwave, small fridge and coffee pot. We stayed on a Saturday night and we did not hear any noise coming from the hallway or adjacent rooms. The breakfast had plenty of variety with hot and cold choices up until 10 am. The only reasons we did not give this 5 stars was that we ran a little low on hot water in the morning and the volume level on the tv when turning on was a little loud. Overall, this was a great experience!

Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Newglider

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed 8 December 2013

There are several things that were good about this hotel and several that we're not. First off, we arrived on the 2nd or 3rd night following a ice storm. The front parking lot is on a slope. The entire lot was covered in ice including handicap parking. Unloading luggage from the car (on the slope) and still keeping your footing, is a circus act. When mentioning it to the clerk the only answer we got was " my maintenance man is off today". Hello. Why wasn't it taken care of the day before and , What if they had a law suit for injury? The room however was large and clean. I liked the way they had it arranged with the tv on the outer wall so it wouldn't disturb the guest in the next room. I also liked the window covering which was a heavy roman shade. No gaping drapes and it didn't let light in. This is a large place and the breakfast room was also large but, muddy foot prints on the floor from the day before distracts from the ambiance. Breakfast was the usual but tea boxes on several favors were empty. I get the impression that this hotel is lacking in management or supervision.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Lockhart, TX, United States
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Big Spring was not our destination, so when ice accumulation led to road closures further north, we had to cancel our plans to enter New Mexico. Disoriented and confused, with two children very disappointed in the change in plans, and me crushed to have to forfeit the prepaid reservation at our original destination, I yet had to make quick work of finding lodging before the sun set and the local roads iced over again. Hampton Inn and Suites has been our go-to property, and I was so relieved to find one in Big Spring, TX. It did not disappoint! The room was well appointed and quiet, and warm. We tucked in and found our smiles again, and some much needed rest and relaxation.

Mansfield, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I enjoyed this hotel. I was there for business and chose this hotel because of the location and the pictures online. The hotel lobby was very clean upon arrival. Once I got into my room I loved the decor, it was very cozy and clean. I did notice that the bathroom wasn't mopped as there were a few stains on the tile. I didn't report this, I just wiped it down with a towel and water. The fitness center was nice however a bit warm, not sure if the air conditioning was working or not. Great variety in breakfast, which is always a plus. I also had no problem with the internet. I liked that they had plugs easily accessible for all my gadgets on the nightstand. I thought the beds were very comfortable. I thought the snacks in their store were completely overpriced. $2 for some chips and $5 for a pint of blue bell ice cream, absolutely not. If you want some snacks go to the local Walmart and stock up.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank LaShandra W
Big Spring
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Nice stay. Made a stop on our way to Fort Worth for 2013 Texas EMS Conference. Weather was bad and stay was well needed to recoup for more travel the next day. Considering a stay on our way home. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Rockwall, Texas
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Staff was great when checking in and in providing suggestions for a place to eat. The pool was fantastic. Warm and relaxing. Room was larger than usual and the set up was very inviting. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Fort Worth
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

First of all, if travel is flexible, avoid Midland/Odessa/Big Spring because of price gouging by hotels...now, if you can't avoid it, then this hotel offers adequate lodging with comfortable rooms. Ask for a room not facing I-20...road noise is bad. Restaurants will require a drive, but nothing is that far away in Big Spring; I have noticed that many restaurants have increased prices, as well--guess everyone is making hay while the sun shines. My room had interesting ambient lighting options as well as additional outlet connections (usb, even) for charging personal electronics/phones. Staff were competent/friendly and the breakfast was adequate. At a lower price, I would give this hotel 4 stars.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business