“Not what others wrote”
Review of West Texas Inn

West Texas Inn
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Big Spring
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Since I travel all over for work, I drove to Big Spring because the Midland hotels are outrageously expensive. The room had the standard TV, microwave, no carpeting, a small refrigerator, etc. The only problem was that the deadbolt needs repair, and the outside of the motel should be cleaned up a bit. However for the price, cant be beat. Ive stayed at much worse places for higher prices. Also the Wifi was free and working well. No breakfast however no Motel 6 establishments just offer coffee.

The clientele seems to be oilfield guys so big work trucks are parked all over. The front desk lady was nice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for West Texas Inn

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Absolutely bar none the worst place I've ever stayed! Should be condemed. Would have left except a massive storm was rolling through. Non- smoking room still had cigarette butts on floor. Bed was poorly made and sheets were wrinkled. (slept on?) One small towel & washcloth was it in bathroom. Tried to call front desk no answer went down in pouring rain door was locked are you kidding me! Would highly recommend you find another place to stay. Motel 6 should be embarrassed!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This place is terrible. Dirty, tv remote doesn't work, door locks wouldn't let us back in room, shower is horrible, small, no water pressure. Mattress sagged to much, I rolled into my husband all night. You can tell that there are families living here. No amenities that are standard at other motels such as frig, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker. Only one towel in room for 2 people. When I called front desk for more, they told me to find a maid and ask for more. When I found a maid and requested more towels, she didn't want to give them to me. If Motel 6 has anyone who reads these reviews, they need to send someone here to clean this place up.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 November 2013

O place is a dump worse motel I've stayed. TV don't work, one towel for 2 ppl, light fixture is broke, asked for wake up call got told phone don't work. I suggest you stay elsewhere if you have the $$ we travelled from Colorado been on the road 12 hrs...so had no choice but to find something off the road.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2013

As a military member I have been all over the world. The Big Spring TX Motel 6 is the most disgusting place I have ever stayed. The room got dirtier after the cleaning staff was done. The $50 room rate was the only good thing about this Motel 6. My first mission was to go to Walmart to buy a pillow. Their pillows were well used to say the least. The next thing I did was mop the floor with one of the dirty stained towels they provided. WOW! What a higher state of stained the towel is now. The floor is not carpet it is linoleum with at least an eighth of an inch of grime. The problem is that all the other hotels are 4 times more expensive and the unemployment rate in this area is less than %3 due to the Energy boom. As a result, this hotel stays alive from the overflow and uses extremely unskilled resident workers to keep the property up. The only thing they want is to work the minimum for rent. My room only had full room service the first day. The rest of my 4 day stay only the bed was made. I understand this place is in the Oil Patch and these resident workers are not cut out for or trained properly to maintain a motel, but basic cleanliness should be common sense. What a dive! Motel 6 should cut this franchisee loose. The owner obviously doesn’t have a clue.

Room Tip: Pay the money to stay at a differnet hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I'm glad we only had to stay one night. The bedspread was dirty. They obviously don't wash the linens every day. There were people living there. Children were running around. There were tricycles and barbecue grills on the sidewalks. I saw two dogs running loose. It looked like a low income housing complex. The pool was nasty and half full of water. We had to park where we couldn't see our vehicle. I was so glad to get out of there and back on the road. The Motel 6 in El Paso is very nice, so they are not all this bad.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah H
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

THIS IS THE MOST DISGUSTING PLACE I'Ve ever been in. Pool was half empty. People are obviously living there as there were children on tricycle riding around. Very rough looking characters sitting around drinking. The beds looked as though they were remade without changing the sheets. We took a 3 hour nap and left.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank colleeni2
Motel6, Owner at West Texas Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Dear Colleen,
We apologize for your unsatisfactory experience; thank you for taking the time to write your review. We take your feedback very seriously and will take it into account as we work to improve our guests’ experience with us. Please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience with us: 1-800-577-3435.