“Interesting Mixture”

Heritage Museum of Big Spring
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Quite a collection of dolls and longhorn horns. There is a display and video about a local lady who was a bull fighter for over 10 years. There is a good 45 minute video about raft trip through the Grand Canyon. It was supposed be 3D but someone had stolen the glasses and they hadn't been replaced when we visited. We watched it in 2D and it was still very exciting and educational.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We'll there ain't a heckuva lot to do as a tourist here so you may as well visit the museum!
Nicely laid out and lots of great West Texas artifacts to view. Guinness book of world record longhorns! Yee-haw!
If you're lucky enough to be staying at the nearby Hotel Settles this museum is a very short walk.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Very good for a small town history museum. Usually have local artist showing their work too along with the exhibits. Serves as a community gathering place also.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

The cool thing is you pay one reseasonable price for two places...the museum and the Potton House...so that's a plus for any one. I do recommend that you see the Potton House in the morning when they open up because it can get very hot in there. I love that they had some stuff that was hands on for my nephews to enjoy it more. I love that you get to walk thur the house like they did when the lived in it. I loved hearing the history of the house and the fact that he made the pilars out of steel pipe. The museum part was really great and fun to see. It had a lot of interesting stuff to see and the shadow room was fun. One thing to remember thou is to turn the light on before you go to the wall so you won't trip and fall. I love who they decrated the shadow room for the kids and at least if you do trip there is stuffed animals to fall on. The staff to both factities was really very nice and knowledgeable. The museum had some very great oppurtinties for pictures and yes I did take a lot of pictures well we was there. I so highly recommond that you see them both if you are in the Big Spring (Tx) area. Very highly enjoyable!!!!!!!!!!