“Take the Tour”

Real Ale Brewing Company
Ranked #2 of 17 things to do in Blanco
Reviewed 18 June 2013

Open from 2-5 on Fridays with free tasings of 4 or 5 of their beers. Tours are offered at 3 and at 4. Our tour was led by the Brewmaster and he definitely loves what he does. They are making a wide variety of great beers and lagers.
I always appreciate a tour of a small place (although this place is larger than I expected) that is led by someone who is not just a tour guide with a prepared script.

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Arriving in Blanco on Friday, May 3 and we decided to go to the Real Ale Brewing Company on a tip from a local. It turns out they do tastings and a tour and we got to do both. I don't like beer but my sister and brother-in-law enjoyed the tasting and really like the beer. We then went on the tour with the brewmaster and he was very informative and you can tell he really enjoys his profession. It was a very educational tour with detailed explanations how to brew beer. They had t-shirts and glasses for sale. I bought my husband a Real Ale beer glass for $3 - a bargain indeed!! I highly recommend this if you are in the Blanco area on a Friday!

2  Thank Lyoder11
Reviewed 10 April 2013

My girlfriends and I recently went to Blanco, TX for a girls weekend and signed up for a tour of the Real Ale Brewery. As soon as we arrived, we were warmly greeted and given a sample of beer. It was all peace and love from there on in! The tour was informative and the passion for beer exhibited by the staff was contagious! We had a great time and can't wait to go and visit again...maybe we'll even bring the guys along next time :) Did I mention the beer was great?!

Reviewed 14 March 2013

Went here with a group of six family members for a free Friday tour. The tour guide was very passionate about brewing ale/beer. Up close, and personal tour with detailed explanations. Very educational and interesting. The tour was very full. Free samples available. I would recommend this if ales and beers interest you. (There are no stairs.)

2  Thank Iluv2travel059
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Real Ale makes one of the best ambers in the Austin area. Check it out! These guys know their stuff. And be sure to stop and take in the view on CR 165 between Blanco and Henly!

1  Thank KLangsley