“Southern Hospitality at its finest”
Review of Blanco County Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blanco
Blanco County Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Blanco B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 May 2012

If you ever find yourself in Blanco, TX, this is the place to stay. Debra and Ralph have built their own little paradise alongside US 281 North. My bicycle loving friends and I have participated in the Real Ale Ride for the last 4 years and stumbled upon the Blanco Inn as a place we could all stay and hang out together for the weekend of the ride. Debra and Ralph were so accommodating and welcoming it has now become a tradition. If you love a beautiful Texas setting with live oaks and a nice breeze along with a comfortable bed and all the necessities provided, this is the place for you. A recent remodel with flat screens and coffee bar-type amenities bring this little old-fashioned 'motel' up to 2012 standards. The Blanco River is a short walk or ride away and oh-so refreshing. Thanks to Ralph and Debra for living the dream!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Extra towels, wine glasses, high quality toiletries, friendly hosts, convenient location, fair price. This is an inn masquerading as a motel. Stay here during your Hill Country tour!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 14 April 2012

My wife and I stayed here as part of a week-long bicycle tour of the Texas hill country. On first rolling up, we thought, "Just another cheap roadside inn, of which we have stayed in many." A closer look at the exterior and especially the interior of the room showed that we were wrong. Numerous examples of decoration and workmanship showed this to be an inn that was a perfect demonstration of pride of ownership. Yes, the buildings are a bit old, but everything works perfectly, and if you want to see the results when owners pour themselves into their work and property, then I highly recommend a stay at this charming inn.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2012

I just had to write a review for this inn. I have never taken the time to do this for a business but the amazing kindness and hospitality shown to myself and my friend here were unlike any experience I have ever had at any other hotel or motel. We checked into the room and fell in love with the beautiful quilts and clean, fresh rooms. It had wonderful sheets on the bed, an absolutely charming shower with a mirror and mosaic on the wall, a fridge and plenty of coffee and condiments, and a wonderful t.v. The grounds were immaculately maintained and had beautiful landscaping and flowers. Everywhere there are large comfy overstuffed chairs with umbrellas, and a patio. I can't say enough about the inn and the grounds.
Next is the hospitality that made me write this review. I checked in and had to bother the front desk quite a few times for an iron and other little things, which they graciously and happily supplied for me. After all of that locked my keys in the car and had to go back to see if they could help me find a locksmith and they immediately found someone for me. I ended up having to wait until morning, which was Easter, to get into my car because of an engagement I had to be at. My car keys were on the drivers seat and I was worried about leaving it. Not only did they keep an eye on the car for me, but when I was finally able to get a locksmith it was after checkout. They were so gracious that after we checked out they allowed us access to the room in case we needed a restroom or something, and told us to please make ourselves comfortable and let them know if there was anything else they could do. It was actually a pleasant wait in their little park area with the birds and flowers. Even after I got into my car they thanked us for coming even though I know I was a pain, and asked if I needed anything else. The owners are a wonderful, friendly, and so very gracious a couple that it is now my favorite little inn!!!!! You have got to stay there if you are ever in Blanco! I like it so much better than the luxury inn...you can't beat the beautiful charm and personal kindness of The Blanco Inn, even with all the flashiness of the "luxury inn" down the road. The Blanco Inn IS luxury! It is hill country at it's best!!!!!!! Thank you Blanco Inn!!!!!:)

Tanya

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank TanyaB B
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We had a wonderful stay here. We had planned on staying for a day or two and ended up staying for four. We did not want to leave. The owners were very helpful and friendly. The room was more like a bed and breakfast than a motel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The grounds were beautiful, my eight year old daughter loved it. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I strongly agree with the other reviews, the owners of this property could not be nicer or more helpful. The grounds are not much to look at by the interior of my room was beautify detailed and homey. It was more of a motel on the outside and lovely B&B on the inside. I have stayed at hotels around the world and often marvel at how much better a room could be with just a few adjustments. The owners of this hotel really have taken the time and effort to make the rooms all they could be – based on the room I was in. It was small but wonderfully decorated and complete with everything; and it was very up-to-date.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This little cozy Inn is wonderful ! The owners are friendly,thoughtful, & very helpful.. The room was very clean & inviting. The beds are cozy & comfy.. We would absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
dkd4727, Owner at Blanco County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2012

We are glad you had a nice stay with us. Please come back & visit anytime. Thank you for your kind words.

Deborah & Ralph

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanco
Best Western Plus Blanco Luxury Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 3 in Dripping Springs
#7 of 19 in Wimberley
Lazy H Lodge B&B
Lazy H Lodge B&B
#3 of 6 in Canyon Lake

Been to Blanco County Inn? Share your experiences!