“Great stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blanco County Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Blanco
Blanco County Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Blanco B&B and Inns
“Great stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment. It had everything we needed. Very clean and well decorated. Nice kitchen and well stocked. We even had some muffins, chocolate and some bottled water left for us. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the apartment, which was great for a group of people traveling together.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Stuttgart, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

This inn is obviously an older place but the staff are very friendly and go out of their way to make you comfortable. It was a great location for activities in and around historic Blanco. We attended the awesome Wild Women Weekend to benefit the Hill Country of Texas and would definitely recommend staying here for any other events as well. The room was stocked with dishes, wine glasses, silverware, etc. so that you could have your own meals and/or heat up leftovers. We ended up getting the last available room which happened to be a smoking room, although we did not necessarily want a smoking room. The owner told us upon check in that they had taken out and washed all things possible right down to the bed skirt to try and cut down on the smoke smell and she even put a Febreeze plug-in in the room for us-that's the great service and extra mile you get from this place. There was also an outside courtyard and deck that was available for relaxing after a long day. Room was very clean and had everything we needed to enjoy our stay. Great experience!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Blanco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Our room was soooo very quiet and comfortable and clean. It was just as described by other TA contributors and we especially enjoyed the country Bed & Breakfast appointments and feel of it. We especially appreciated the country style bed quilt and oh so soft linens.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Orange, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I just enjoyed my first stay at The Blanco County Inn. It certainly won't be my last. My experience there was great from check-in to check-out, and it was the same for everyone in my party. In all, we had four rooms. That was probably about a third of the capacity, but it wouldn't have mattered. Every guest was treated like family by the family that owns the inn.

The rooms are all fresh and clean and the building is in great shape even though it has a charm reminiscent of a mid-century roadside motel. It should, because that's what it is; just one that has been lovingly updated with flat-panel TV, Wi-Fi, fridge, microwave, modern fixtures and enough electrical outlets.

Add to that some bottled water, muffins and full-sized chocolate bars in the room and they could charge a whole lot more than their very reasonable rates. In front of the rooms is a large lawn with a grill and a fire pit or two, complete with a stack of seasoned wood and a starter log for the asking. Several padded chairs, some rockers, a kid-sized table and a raised deck that would (and has) served well for weddings and family reunions and any kind of get-together you can imagine.

The inn is an easy walk from the town square, where most of the restaurants are located, and Ralph will give you some help in finding the right one to meet your taste. And if his chickens are laying, he might even send you home with some fresh eggs!

As a lover of the Texas Hill Country, I have found my new home away from home.

Room Tip: You can't beat room 112. Ask for it. Unless I'm coming. In that case, it's mine!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PokerbossTX
Vanderpool, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

At first glance was a bit worried as to what the room was going to present by looks of the building. Walked in and was "WOW'd". The rooms were immaculate in cleanliness and so inviting. Must've been renovated and updated recently. I visited two of the rooms and neither were alike. They actually contained glass wine glasses! Where does that happen at such a reasonable rate w/all and plus amenities not found in a very expensive Bed & Breakfast! Pet friendly and have a wonderful yard to sit around a fire-ring like a lot of country folk do. Ralph and Deborah de Leon made us feel right at home. Thank you for your wonderful hospitality. :)

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Deanna T
Cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

We couln't agree more with all the positive comments made before, which confirmed our experience of this motel. We came across it by chance, and without the benefit of TripAdvisor, but were so pleased with our room. All rooms are comfortable and individually decorated, and we had two real goblet wine-glasses and proper mugs for our coffee! No breakfast was supplied, but the lovely lady provided us with extra coffee, muffins and chocolate bars and made sure we had everthing we needed. The grounds are really pretty, even though it's alongside the road (281), and would be a pleasant spot to linger a while. They occasionally have musicians playing on the decking (which used to be an old swimming pool).

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FloJoCornwall
San Marcos, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

What can I possibly say about the Blanco County Inn, except that they do the urban the Austin/San Antonio escapist, "Bed and Breakfast" crowd very well. Considering their location, how could anyone possibly fault them for that? It's a predictable, profitable and dependable market upon which they obviously depend... to the exclusion of almost anyone else.

Who am I to throw stones at skillful and insightful entrepreneurs? However, if anyone were to try to delude themselves into believing Blanco, Texas was "out in the hill country" they would be sorely amiss. Blanco is now an "up and coming" ubiquitous suburb of the merging metro Austin/San Antonio urban sprawl developing along IH 35 and US 281. Yet, the Blanco County Inn does what they do... VERY well, if a bit on the pricey side. At least for us serious road hounds like me. The overall impression I got, was they were doing a very good job of impressing a very targeted market segment... into which I do not easily fit.

This is a lovely property. This is an older (I'd say 50's, early 60's) motor-court that has been recently and lovingly refurbished at a standard approaching excellent. (VERY, good, skillful and thoughtful work, guys!) It is very "French Country" and "Nuevo Southwestern." (Because I was with a group, I saw more than one room.) I will say that the outdoor areas are very nice and the absolute jewel of the property. I wonder whether there is an abandoned pool under that monstrous deck? The outdoor areas are marvelous for various groups, wedding and reunions. However, be advised the non-stop commercial traffic along US 281 is close at hand and at times... over powering. This is not Camp Wood... or better yet, Sanderson... or even Orla. This is downtown Blanco, TX... right along US281... urban daytime noise is a fact of life here, plan accordingly.

The rooms were expertly restored and well appointed for their targeted market. They had color coordinated interiors and furnishings that would make Martha Stewart weep. They had crisp, fluffy towels washed and dried without fabric softeners. They had Hersey chocolates, muffins and toiletries. They had 'branded' milled soaps, shampoos and body lotions. (That seems to be a frequently occurring amenity these days. Lotion? What the heck am I supposed to do with body lotion? This sparks my imagination engines into churning... "What sort of person uses such body lotion... and for what?" Personally, I'd be more interested in branded complementary sunscreens.)

My room, at the top of two flights of steps, was the top dog 'apartment flat' on site. It was very neatly done... very cool! Absolutely lovely! There is a cool outdoor deck with adequate high dollar outdoor furniture and umbrellas and a scenic view of the rooftop of the office and a storage shed... along with the noise and traffic along 281. There is a charcoal fired BBQ, an outdoor trash can and outdoor motion sensor activated lights which I found overtly troublesome.

In the evenings, they triggered automatically every single time I stepped out the door for whatever reason. Sometimes, considering the urban sprawl... it is just nice to step out and sit quietly. To look wistfully at what we have left of the night sky. I like being able to see the sky at night... but I also understand litigation driven, building code requirements to light the stairway. Low voltage, downward cast, motion activated lighting on the stairs would have been far better than having the blazing fury of a youthful blue-white sun ignite every single time I stepped out of the doorway. I felt like I was Richard Dryfuss in that danged movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind!"

Boop, Bee, Boop, Boop, Booooooooohhhhh...

My 'apartment' had a partial kitchen which was very cool and decorated in a style I describe as "Ikea Cosmopolitan." Another member of our crew also had a kitchen. But in my case, mine wasn't a full kitchen. I will pause to note here I found it rather odd there were pots and pans provided in the RTA (Ready To Assemble) cabinets... supposedly for cooking... in a supposed "kitchen" that did not have any sort of access to a cook top what so ever.

Hmmm... what does this mean? Pots and pans in the cabinets... but no cooktop?

But, if you want to toast a complimentary Otis Spunkmeyer muffin to crispy perfection, this place is your huckleberry! It boasts a super, duper, deluxe (did I say, super) toaster oven, that I did not use... even once. There is a full sized regular kitchen coffee maker and the staff is gratuitously liberal with the Folger's packets, making it easy to have a cup or two in house and still fill the 'to go' mug when heading out to ride what is left of our sadly dwindling Texas hill country.

There is a full fridge and an absolutely MARVELOUS breakfast bar with seating for two that provided a scenic view of a completely blank wall... and the only 'real' place to plug in a laptop or a cell phone charger. From there, you cannot see any of the THREE (count 'em... THREE) in suite TV's from! (What's with that?)

Hey owners; because that totally blank kitchen wall is right there in your customer's danged face... daily... get some cool art to hang on that wall. OR, better yet... a bulletin board where you can post images of successful events you have hosted. And maybe coupons and flyers for local businesses and events... concerts... snail walks.. whatever! And add some USB charging stations for devices. Just sayin... for the price! Kindly advice from the much poorer fool... that just stayed there for two nights.

I would say that the only real 'un-over-come-able' flaw of my room was that there was no convenient place to sit, set up and work. If you want to lounge and watch sports on TV, or beauty pageants, or car auctions... if you are looking for a secluded 'love shack," this is your place. But if you are like me... a lowly working stiff on weekend "get-away," having a place to plug in a laptop and handle some late breaking work related pookie... within sight of the main TV... is critical. But then again... I have already disqualified myself from intended target market of the Blanco County Inn.

But they have cool TV's! They have monstrous flats screens in every single room! There were three in my suite alone. One 52 inch and two 32 inch screens in each bedroom. (Did I mention... none of these were visible from the breakfast area which had the ONLY "sit-at" work area and the ONLY really readily accessible wall outlets.) ALL these TV's had inputs, which are really a plus with me. My room had a full digital receiver and a DVD player in place. (I watched the first two disks from season one of Battle Star Galatica. I really liked the "in-situ" disk players, kudos!)

They have adequate WiFi... at times. It drags a bit when all the other guests are sucking up their daily portion of mindless televised sports, pre-packaged programming and NetFlix streaming. For those of us that just want mail, weather... or maybe to upload a bit of data to the G-drive... it is somewhat tedious dealing with the bandwidth draw of the overtly feeding digital masses. Mornings are always better in that respect.

The WiFi is all inclusive and "light and fluffy" in the early AM. They do not charge for multiple devices... I consider this a plus!

If you are a 'love sick' couple on get away... or if you are traveling with small (and very well behaved) children... if you are a weekend urbanite fleeing Houston, Austin, San Antonio or DFW for some temporary, marginal sanity... if you just want to escape the rat race for a weekend...the Blanco County Inn is your blessed sanctuary. A groovy place to stay.

BUT... if you are hard-core, road troll like me; who thinks the Jalepeno corn dogs at a Stripes gas station are literally manna from heaven... and the sound of diesel reefer rigs idling in a truck stop are literally the singing of angels...

Keep heading west till you are at least past Segovia...

Room Tip: Get a regular room... upgrading is irrelevant here!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Phil M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blanco
BEST WESTERN PLUS Blanco Luxury Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn
BEST WESTERN Johnson City Inn
#1 of 1 in Johnson City
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 2 in Dripping Springs
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
#3 of 3 in Canyon Lake
Blanco Riverside Cottages
Chantilly Lace Country Inn
Chantilly Lace Country Inn
#2 of 6 in Johnson City

Been to Blanco County Inn? Share your experiences!