“Clean Room, Polite Staff”
Review of Days Inn Boerne

Days Inn Boerne
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Benson, Arizona
“Clean Room, Polite Staff”
Reviewed 4 July 2013

With the Internet reporting that there is a bed bug epidemic in the US right now it is always a concern when trying to find a motel that is not infested. I am happy to report that the room was clean and bed bug free and the bed was comfortable.The front desk clerk was super polite and respectful. I would recommend this motel if you need a place to stay in Boerne, TX.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed 29 June 2013

My husband and I are not extremely picky about hotels when we know that we are basically going to sleep and shower there. We spurge at resorts but not when we have little intention of spending any time in the room or the venue. We had gone to visit children and a grandchild so we were gone all day and well into the evening. The price compared to the newer competition was excellent however the facility is very old. The room was "okay" clean but not spotless. The drapes covering the window were ancient and really barely made it across which was a problem in that the big window they were covering looked right out on the walkway and the parking lot and compromised privacy a bit. The bedspread and sheets were truly past their prime to put it nicely. The mattress however was very, very comfortable so it had been replaced. I caught a glance of the box spring. It was ancient. There was a "sweet" smell when you entered indicating to us that some kind of air freshener was used a lot to cover up what, we were not sure. The room was supposed to be a non-smoking room. Most people staying in Boerne are there for the river and outdoor attractions so guests might feel the same way we did which was a place to put your head at night and shower and change.
The hotel is extremely convenient being just off !-10 and very close to restaurants etc so it was easy to get around.
This was our biggest complaint and one that the staff could easily rectify for the next guest. Well part of this is easy and part of this is expensive. The wall A/C/heater unit under the big window might be as old as the structure. It was very noisy and pretty inefficient. We had a late check-in-about 8:30 on Friday night. The room was probably 90 degrees. (It was the 3rd weekend in central Texas-hot). It was much cooler outside than in. It had to have been 2 am before that room cooled to a "comfortable" level and that was probably 73-74 degrees. Someone else might think that was too warm but believe me, nothing like what is was in there until the middle of the night. We kinda felt like we were camping with no A/C for the first 6 hours. And, we don't do camping! The next morning we left a note on the unit to not turn it off during the day. We left it on low while we were gone. When we got back that night, it was on and we were fine. The staff, knowing they had a guarantee on that room, should have turned that unit on mid afternoon so the inefficient unit could start cooling that room.
When we returned that night, it was apparent that the cleaning staff had done the absolute minimum. The bed was made but the spread was turned down and they had not put the shams back on the bed. The sink was dirty. The towels which were very, very flimsy and old had not been replaced but both that had been used had been removed. So that next morning, we had one bath towel between us. Yes, we could have called for another but we were checking out and getting on the road so it was not worth it.
We were looking at possibly booking this chain for a football weekend in Manhattan, Ks in October, based on our experience at this one. America's Value Inn Corporate has a check mark system for rating their individual locations. The Boerne location had 4 check marks (the highest). The Manhattan location has 3. We will not be booking this chain for that October weekend.
We usually book short trip hotels online and usually for a pretty good price. I can't think of a time that we have been disappointed in the price or the property. This time we were. We will be traveling to Boerne several times a year and sometimes it will require a hotel depending upon how many family members are also coming. We will not be booking this one.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Boerne hotels

Midland, Texas
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was the first time we have stayed in this named hotel. I was a little concerned because of the name, but was I surprised. The hotel is older but the rooms were very clean and the staff was so nice. There restaurant area was to open at 6AM, but as checking in I just said that I am usually up by 4:30 or 5 and he said no problem, I will have the coffee ready by 5 and he did. This hotel is located on I-10 so easy to get in and out of. GREAT PLACE

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Tampa
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn in Boerne, Texas from Mar 13 through the 17th of this year. Although the hotel is older, it was very clean and the hotel staff were very courteous and attentive. The hotel is located right off of I-10 and there are several restaurants, gas stations (next door) and a large HEB grocery store in the vacinity. My stay coincided with spring break so the area around San Antonio was booked and the hotel rates were high. I was surprised to find this hotel had rooms and that the rates were very affordable. My room was easily accessable, clean and comfortable. Each morning breakfast was provided next to the lobby with lots of seating and the food; waffles, oatmeal, cereal, danish/bagels, fruit, coffee and juice were fresh and presented in a clean well lit area. I didn't use the pool or exercise equipment so I can't comment on that. Overall I was pleased with my stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 October 2012

I stayed here one night while working in Boerne. Courteous and helpful front desk staff. My biggest complaint is that the bathroom was slightly dirty. But the bed was comfortable and I slept well - all I really cared about. As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms need some updating but overall it was a good experience.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Arboleas, Spain
Reviewed 20 October 2012

We spent 6 wonderful days with Indra, Rahul, family & Staff in Americas Best Value Inn in Boerne, Texas. Their Texas hospitality was amazing we were treated like royalty and made to feel like part of the family. Nothing was too much trouble, you only had to mention something in passing and before you could turn round it had happened.
The beds were Very comfortable and the rooms a good size and included air con, fridge and microwave. My husband is disabled (leg amputee) and the disabled accommodation included a lounge with kitchen, fridge freezer, and dishwasher. The choices for breakfast were great from cereal & fruit to hot items like bacon & egg wraps and Sausage biscuits and plentiful.
The positioning of the hotel could not have been more convenient with numerous reasonably priced eateries and a supermarket/pharmacy/cheap petrol station all within easy walking distance even for my husband.
Being on the junction of the I10 Interstate it is within easy distance of San Antonio and all the touristy places in that area.
We have such warm and wonderful memories of our stay there thank you Indra & Rahul

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 27 September 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night while traveling through Texas. The room was clean and modern, and an exceptionally reasonable price. The front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful with my questions. She suggested the Chinese restaurant next door, where we enjoyed a very good meal at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
BoerneTexasInn, Manager at Days Inn Boerne, responded to this review, 2 October 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We try to be helpful for wnatever your needs are. I am glad that you enjoy your stay and chinese food next door. Please do come back and stay with us. Our goal is to give you value for your money.

Indra Desai
Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Motel 6 Boerne
#6 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio The Dominion

Been to Days Inn Boerne? Share your experiences!