“Good Stay”

Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This hotel is always reliable for a good nights stay. Staff is friendly and accommodating, the place is clean, can be noisy on busy weekends. On this stay the bathroom was starting to show its age. Can not say much about the breakfast we usually skip it. The location is very good easy access to highway and the town of Boerne itself.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Just finishing 5 nights here for work. This is a nicely decorated Hampton Inn, maybe a little nicer than the average. The front desk staff have been very friendly and professional. The wi-fi here works well and the breakfast is typical Hampton Inn. The suite is one large room so come in expecting two rooms separated by a wall/door. They may have those but I'm not sure. There was no safe in my room which is something I need when working which was a little disappointing. The gym is decent but certainly no Gold's Gym. The TV control for the two treadmills worked pretty poorly. One got 6 channels and one didn't work at all. Not a bad gym though. The pool looked nice but I never used it. This hotel is close to downtown and right off Interstate 10. The lack of serious traffic here compared to the DC area was certainly enjoyable.
Now the but.... Housekeeping. One day they left no washcloths and I had to call for some. They never left any additional soap for either the sink or shower and on day 5 I had to call asking for some. I was down to a little nub of soap in the shower. On day 6 (today) I left the Privacy light on. I left some sensitive work material out and items I didn't want disturbed. When I got back in I found my room made up. I wasn't very happy by now with this. I asked for a manager to call me but 3 people, all from housekeeping I presume, came to my room with one making excuses that sometimes the privacy light malfunctions. Come on, really? That's your excuse? They brought the housekeeper with them to apologize. I made it clear I did not want anyone to get in trouble but they were not performing well in the housekeeping arena. My colleague was on a different floor and was not experiencing the same issues. Would I stay here again? Probably. I am a long time Hilton customer but I would expect better from them. My "4" rating is for the front desk.

There is a Starbuck's and Chili's next door and a Whataburger very close. Other restaurants are within an easy drive.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The rooms were well laid out and quite nice. Very clean, and high quality toiletries were provided - always a nice touch.

The walls seemed a bit thin, but this is to be expected at all but the highest end hotels.

All in all, a nice place to stay, and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I enjoyed my stay so well that I am booking some rooms for my daughters wedding guests in May. The rooms are spacious and clean. The location is great and the staff is very friendly and accommodating!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jacqueline G
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We needed a weekend 'away from it all' and decided to head to Boerne. We love the little town and it's also close to great shopping in San Antonio (La Cantera). We got there a little late in the evening and were greeted with a smile, coffee, lemonade, cookies and such courtesy. Our room (king suite) was perfect for two adults and our grandson. The room was very clean (I'm particular) and big. No noise all night so sleeping was perfect. The outside pool was beautiful and heated so we spent some time there. The evening supervisor on Saturday night (wish we had asked his name) was so nice and offered to light the outside fireplace. He made a special trip out to tell us cookies were hot right out of the oven! Kuddos to this employee for making us feel so special. By the way, they serve breakfast until 10:00 which is unheard of. We slept in! We will go back because it's just down the road from SeaWorld and Fiesta Texas! We had a great experience here.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank tjsnana
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Wonderful location for a weekend getaway to the hill country. King suite was HUGE- almost an apartment! We loved the room, bathroom, living areas. Stayed on the 3rd floor and no noise from above thank goodness. Grounds well kept. For the price UNBEATABLE!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChrisnAlex
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Beautiful, tastefully furnished, inexpensive hotel just north of San Antonio. Great value! close to Sea World and Fiesta Texas. Great pool area with waterfall and outside fireplace. Free breakfast and helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jon A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Motel 6 Boerne
#6 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
La Quinta Inn & Suites San Antonio The Dominion

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne? Share your experiences!