“Best Place To Stay For A Short Visit To Boerne, TX”

Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Texas
“Best Place To Stay For A Short Visit To Boerne, TX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

One of the better hotels to stay when spending a night or two in Boerne, TX. Good pool for the kids and great free, hot breakfast in the morning until 9 am. There is a Starbucks next door. Dinner options? Next door is a Chili's and a few other options BUT- travel about 10 minutes to Welfare, Texas and eat at The Post Office (upscale & outdoor options) or nearby PoBoys- didn't visit this one but looks like great family atmosphere (it was HUGE) and LOTS of cars. We were dropping our son off at camp in Leakey the next day, so it really broke up the long drive by staying overnight in Boerne. The weather was nice so great to done outdoors - just don't be in a hurry and make reservations if you can.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Magnolia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great place to stay if visiting west Texas. The staff is very friendly. I have stayed here 4 times now and it is always a pleasant stay. The breakfast is a good hot breakfast if that is what you want, they also have pastries. They clean not only the sheets but the bed spreads between each customer.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Abilene, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Concerns reported, no follow up and no corrections made. This was a terrific hotel in the past years stayed, we were very dissatisfied with our 6 day stay - ruined our family vacation. Property amenities not working at 100%, no jets in hot tub, fountains and waterfall not working, lawn not mowed in weeks, broken fixture in bathroom, housekeeping did terrible recoveries of room, under staffed and staff had attitudes. No greetings, little to no interactions. Completely dissatisfied.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank CRILL5
HGiuffrida, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your review and for your feedback. Hearing directly from guests is important as it tells us what we are doing well and what we need to do to improve. I hope you will accept my most humble apology for the unfriendly service and for the other issues and frustrations you experienced. I will promptly take the steps necessary to correct the problems you have brought to my attention. I am confident that if you return to our hotel, you would have a much improved experience. If I can be of assistance in booking a future stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at 830-816-8800.

Kind regards,
Heather Giuffrida
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I have stayed here for almost 2 weeks and loved every minute of it. The rooms are gorgeous and comfortable and clean. The staff is professional and friendly. Will was the best. He has a sense of humor and does his best to accommodate us. The manager lives at the hotel and she is the sweetest lady you will ever meet. She was extremely professional and caring and did her best to make sure the experience was enjoyable. We didn't have a chance to go into the pool, although it looked really nice. We were upgraded to a suite due to our Gold car status. The AC appeared broken but it was quickly fixed. The only complaint I had was some sort of banging sound late at night which was believed to be one of the AC units on the roof. They are doing their best to fix them. As far as location this is slightly off the beaten path being 30 miles from downtown San Antonio, however prices are better and there isn't the commotion you find in the city. I give this place an A+ on all levels and would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone traveling to San Antonio!

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded! If it is available they will honor it!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Boerne, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Lack of available parking, room not made up, bathroom not clean, NO SHAMPOO - all our concerns were met with an apathetic response of "Sorry, what do you want me to do about it?". Complimentary breakfast and dining area was dirty, ran out of food, etc.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Gary R
I'm so sorry for your poor experience this week at our hotel. Please be assured I will be discussing your comments with our management team to work on immediate improvements. We take pride in providing the best in lodging and service so our lapses during your stay are being taken very seriously. I would be delighted to be of assistance in this matter if you would like to contact me. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Kind regards,

Heather Giuffrida
Indianapolis, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel appears new and is always clean. The breakfast is decent for a free breakfast and there is a nice, outdoor pool. It is easy to find right off Interstate 10, but it only near two restaurants. The only minus would be that the convenience / snack bar is sparsely stocked and only has had water bottles for my last couple stays.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Denton, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

I've been traveling a lot, lately. Stayed in a dozen motels in the last couple of months. Many of them Hampton Inns. This one looked the same on the outside. Inside, not so much. Every single chair that had upholstery had big greasy stains on them. That can't ruin a person's stay, but it makes you wonder what else they're not taking care of.
The breakfast person must be the worst breakfast person in the continental US. Everywhere I go, I find chipper, hard-working breakfast people. Here, she let the garbage cans overflow onto the floor, over and over. She didn't keep the coffee supplied during the breakfast hours, putting up a sign telling us to go out to the lobby and get it. She wasn't friendly, but I don't need a friend. I even found that the milk that was left out for the cereal was sour.
After comparing with some other guests, we decided that all the thermostats had been tampered with. It was a very hot few days and you'd have to turn them down WAY low to get comfortable. I figured it was just us, but all the others I talked to had the same problem.
This is something I've been wondering about with all the most recent Hampton Inns: they've been eliminating Handicapped Parking and putting up more Hampton Diamond members parking. They don't care about Granny's getting in easily, just make certain the deep pockets have first dibs at everything.
This is the most expensive Hampton I've stayed in this year. But, the materials with which the rooms were made was less high quality, making it a noisier place. We could hear what people were saying through our walls.
I may even stay there again. But, maybe not.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Motel 6 Boerne
#6 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection

Been to Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne? Share your experiences!