“Liked a lot” 4 of 5 bubbles

Boerne Grill
Ranked #30 of 105 Restaurants in Boerne
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, Maryland
“Liked a lot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Good service, good food, good menu - we were there in Feb, so maybe the flies hadn't come out yet, but we enjoyed it.

• Visited February 2014

Houston
“Boerne Grill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

We were visiting from out of town. We saw the grill while walking to different shops and thought we'd try something for lunch. We walked in and hardly no one was there. The menu didn't have hardly anything on it. We almost left, but since we were hungry we stayed. The chips are very hard and I can see why hardly anyone eats all of them. If you get a soft drink the lady behind the counter doesn't tell you where to get it. I stood there waiting for her to hand me a drink, but my wife said they are in this other room in a bottle. So no drink refills. Probably won't be back there again. Staff could be more friendly.

• Visited August 2013
Lubbock, Texas
“So much potential....very disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I were looking for a place to get a nice cup of coffee and maybe a snack. This place looked cute from the outside, right on the main street through town, close to tourist shops. There were 3 outside tables and we prefer to sit outside when it's not too hot, but two of the tables were covered in dirty dishes. We went inside to order. We were not greeted and had to ask for a menu to know what food and drinks were available. We were told copies of the menu were being printed right at that moment. A few minutes later, we were handed copies. After looking over the menu, we both decided only to get drinks. He ordered a cup of coffee and I ordered an iced chai latte. The young girl taking our order was friendly enough but the young woman making the coffee drinks (in clear view of the entire restaurant) obviously had an attitude about evening being at work that day.
After being there about 20 minutes, the outside table still had not been cleared, so I cleared one myself - moving all the dishes, napkins, cups, etc to the other table that also still needed to be cleaned. We sat for a few minutes. My drink did not taste like a chai latte. We ended up walking the main street in town to visit shops, etc. I left a full $4 drink sitting on the table because it was so bad and I didn't have the energy to argue with the staff that clearly didn't want to be there in the first place. After walking back to our vehicle, which was parked right in front of the Boerne Grill, after over an hour.....the outside table STILL had not been cleaned. They apparently did not want to appeal to other potential customers walking by. I do have to say - to be fair - that we were there on July 4th - so it's very possible they were running a skeleton crew and also possible that the employee that did not appear to be happy to be there that day could have been disgruntled about working on a holiday.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KristinRoss
Boerne, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You Have Got To Be Kidding Me”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

OMG.....This place is god awful...I'm hoping the kitchen is cleaner than the rest of the place..I'm sitting here swatting flies from my food and computer...the tables are dirty and the food stuck to them is dried and looks like it's been there for quite some time. Bugs and dirt!!! The window sills are full of dead bugs....There over priced, the counter help is more concerned with there hair and makeup...not friendly..this place gives Boerne a bad name..Will never go back.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Ron S
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Hearty Breakfast Spot”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

A popular lunch and breakfast spot on main street in the charming community of Boerne, the Grill offers generous and tasty breakfast options. The emphasis is on traditional Hill Country staples with some Tex-Mex influences added. Food is tasty but service can be a little slow if the Grill is busy. We arrived as a group of 20 and it was clearly more than the staff could handle efficiently. There were several locals in the place and no one was in a hurry, so maybe 75 minutes for breakfast is just the local pace. If you're not in a hurry and have a hearty appetite, the Boerne Grill is a good choice.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Been to Boerne Grill? Share your experiences!