“HSki”

Ranked #9 of 11 Boerne B&B and Inns
Cypress, Texas
“HSki”
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I haven't been to many B&B but my husband and I weren't not very pleased with our experience. The location is very easy to find but being in the historic district of Boerne, the parking was horrible. All the quaint shops made the location worth it but the room was very small. The bed wasnt comfortable AT ALL! The bed was only a full size,was lumpy and had scratchy blankets and pillows. I was disappointed in the breakfast choices-limited. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone-not for the price. I do have to say that the people that we were in contact with were pleasant and helpful.I will not be going back!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Spring, Texas, United States
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We booked rooms here through a Groupon offer. Had a little trouble getting the establishment to honor the Groupon, but it was quickly cleared up. Like previous reviewers, we really enjoyed their location, the cleanliness of the rooms, and the nice balcony to sit and relax on. Breakfast was continental (sparse), but there was a great coffee house/diner across the street. Lots of shopping within walking distance, and a lovely drive in several directions to get to the hill country experience. We stayed in the Plantation Room. Feel of the room was nice, king-size bed was a bit hard on my husband's back, but the room had all the conveniences we need. If we wanted to return to Boerne, and found another half-price offer, we would stay there, but I don't think it was worth full price.

Room Tip: Look at the pictures on the website. Bathroom sizes do differ. There is an elevator!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed 20 October 2012

My husband and I go to Crescent Quarters every year and love it every time! It is very clean and we love to sit outside and eat the complimentary breakfast in the morning. No one is above you to make noise and you're right on the street so during the day all you have to do is walk downstairs and shop! And in the evening there are tons of nice restaurants to choose from and the town gets very quiet, so you can always get a good night sleep. Definitely a great stay!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 12 October 2012

Located above shops & a restaurant this hotel was a little like stepping into New Orleans with rooms decorated with NOLA themes. The N’Awlin’s Suite was roomy and the whirlpool tub was a delight. This room is located facing the main street in Boerne so there was traffic noise. The rocking chairs & swing outside the room were enjoyed. An included full breakfast was plentiful and the woman taking care of the buffet was very personable. The registration was a little strange since everything took place by e-mail (rooms have 'punch in code' door locks); the only hotel personnel we ever saw was the next morning - the lady serving breakfast, however, everything went smoothly.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KathleenMcClaren
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 11 September 2012

We used a Groupon for a half priced stay to celebrate my birthday. I had selected one of the two suites (The Hell Country Suite) and we're not exactly sure what makes it a "suite" unless it's the double doors going into the very large bathroom area. It's basically a very good sized square room, and we knew what to expect decor wise from the pictures - pretty much like a boys bedroom that was put together by a mother.

The first thing we found was that while we had reserved the "Hill Country Suite" - the rooms all had numbers on them - not names. I asked one of the house keepers in the hallway where our room was (she spent 45 minutes on the upstairs railing shouting down a conversation to someone in the parking lot next door). I finally did see something on the conformation sheet that mentioned Room 201 - but most people will end up with the same confusion.

The room was just off the corner of the building, great balcony area where we sat and enjoyed a bottle of Texas wine before going to dinner. But keep in mind you view from the balcony is of a very busy main street - along with the fumes from the vehicles. Still it was nice to sit out in the rare cool weather.

The room had a comfortable king bed, a very small flat screen TV, an alarm clock that didn't work at all, one trash can (in the toilet) and no information about when breakfast would be available either in the room or posted outside the common area room where it would be. At any rate when we went to leave this morning the common room still had the same food items out we saw yesterday evening - and it didn't make us want to stay so we stopped for breakfast on the way home.

The rooms (at least ours) was EXTREMELY noisy. I sleep with ear plugs and I could still hear the cars out front - and my wife said she could hear the TV that was left on all night next door. Footsteps on the hallway/balcony outside the room sounded like they were inside.

No check in (you get a code for opening the door) and no check out was very convenient.

To park, if you didn't want to risk parking on the street, you had to go around the corner and through the Bank of America to get to the back of the building (which we were told) - not a hassle, just different.

All in all it was ok - but we'll try someplace else next time.

Room Tip: The two "suites" are on or just off the main drag and very noisy. I don't know if the...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Pros:
The location was phenomenal - right on main street Boerne seemed to be a charming little town. We stayed and spent our days at Six Flags and Sea World, so I didn't get to explore the antique shops.
The building is beautiful, the porch fantastic.
We got the rooms at a groupon rate, so the price was excellent.
The 5 person Sportsman room fit my family of 6 VERY comfortably. Note that this is an extra charge, but management agreed to waive the per night fee because all four of my children are under the age of six.
High ceilings.

Cons: There is only one porch, so everyone "shares" although a chair is outside each individual room. My children ran up and down the porch (to and from breakfast- and while we were waiting for breakfast one morning-as the gals had to run to the store to buy some more food), and though not yelling, nor unruly, nor "bothering" anyone, they could have disturbed other guests. Two other couples were quite friendly and polite, but one couple actually left the breakfast room to go outside when arrived to eat. (You run the risk of being "interupted" if a family happens to be there the same time as you, and the risk of rude people if you're traveling as a family. --But I guess you run that risk wherever you stay...)

I also did not hear any other guests through the "thin walls" others have reviewed. But my baby did cry for awhile one night and I was concerned for other travelers. I did hear a tv through the outside wall/door/window while passing to the common room for breakfast and when we arrived back to sleep at night, but isn't that the same as an apartment?

Neither pro nor con:
The room decor is typical B&B - mish mash, chintzy, but somewhat interesting - Our drapes did close. - Sportsman

I liked the slate floor in the bathroom, and the shower had a small ledge on the end that made it more roomy. I didn't notice the caulk.

Breakfast is continental - cereal, yogurt, bagels, english muffins, bread, juice, and milk. We did not stay on the weekend, so cannot comment on the hot breakfast others experienced.

The bathroom was cleaner than I've experienced at some hotels. Our drain closed on its own when the water hit it a certain way, and there was no way to open it without reaching in the collecting water (my 6 year old had no problem doing this).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TBFamily5
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We had a wonderful stay at Boerne, Texas. The accomodations, Shabby Chic, was just wat we expected and the location was perfect. Centrally located, we were able to shop and dine all within walking distance of our room. We were able to set on the balcony, people and car watching while having refreshments. We will stay there again in the future. We accidently left some personal things in the room and Michael promptly picked them up from housekeeping and mailed them back to us.
Thanks Michael.

Room Tip: Anyof the updtairs room locations are good.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple