“This place is HIDEOUS!”

Fritze's BBQ & Catering
Ranked #16 of 114 Restaurants in Boerne
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Description: Our restaurant specializes in top quality BBQ and a large selection of homemade side dishes. Dine-in, take-out, or drive-thru, anyway you like it, you will always feel at home. Need Catering? We will always do our best to accommodate you next big event.
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I was looking for a ZERO rating...but 1 will have to do. On my 2nd to last visit I recieved a cup of sauce with a hole in it. Upon opening the to go order, I realized this once it squirted all over my car, leather interior, & girlfriend. We immediatly went back. Not to mention that my "special" plate was dubbed so only b/c of its lack of food. It was so light, a good comparison would be made to a child's school lunch.
When I returned the food in a way of disgust, I did squirt the said sauce on the counter & the mgr who was there (on his leg) a little retribution on my part, I admit.
When confronted by the owners daughter she explained that this was a "flaw" in the cup. I said show me another with this flaw...she couldn't. Which reaffirmes my belief that they had a personal problem with me. There were 300 of these cups there, & I rec'd the only 1 with a hole. Furthermore, the hole was in & out, meaning that it was deliberate, not a factory blemish.
I was given a $20 bill for my troubles, a $30 gift card & an apology.
I went back today, to take my retired, church going mother out to lunch. I was pleased to see that none of the people were there from my last visit. Sigh of relief.
It was around 2pm. The food was nominal at best, cold meat & leftover from lunch. We ate, on the gift card, used part & a balance of $14.85 remained.
Before we were done I noticed the owners daughter was now there. I went up to spend the balance on a to go order, knowing I never wanted to step foot in there again.
I ordered a potato w/cheese, sour cream & butter only. My girl does not do meat, so there is ZERO confusion on my part as to what was ordered. I then ordered a second with Turkey for myself.
I gave them my gift card, & surprisingly, again, no one knew how to use it...so they get the owners daughter. She says there is a "problem", & she will bring the card to me when it's resolved. I go & sit back down & wait. After 10+ min of waiting for the return of the "gift" card, I went to see what the "problem" was. I was told that I owed $...?
Problem, how is this possible? I ordered a pot for $4.95 & another for $6.95...?
I was then told that I was wrong. I ordered 2@$6.95...huh? So I went & looked in my bag & sure enough, they put brisket on one, & turkey on the other. I know without a shadow of a doubt I NEVER ORDERED THE BRISKET POTATO! To help this girl out, I returned the pot I never ordered, & produced a rect from 45min earlier w/a reflection of my balance. Easily covering the 2potatos w/$ left over. I did the math on my phone, again b/c they couldn't grasp it.
When I finally got the correct potato I was told I was not welcome back, with this.I have no problem! I was a 5x customer prior to the visit before this, not becaise it's good, but it seems to be the only available in Boerne. I don't live there, so I'm not certain. I then asked for the card back, b/c there was a balance on it. I was told NO, by the owners daughter. I was just going to give it away anyways, but that's beside the point, she wouldn't give it to me!
This place is a total joke, the service, by a member of the owners family, namely their daughter, is inexcuseable, in any fashion. Furthermore, I recorded the whole "episode" that happened prior to this via Mp3, because I figure someone who would purposly poke a hole in my bbq sauce cup...may call the police since I called them on it. If they want trouble, or want to buck this review...I will post a link & make it available online.
So to you @Fritze's I say this. Here is the review you created, fade it, it is of your doing!
Also, kudos to the male mgr. that truly did all he could to remidy the situation on my prior visit, he is the only one of value worth mentioning during this God awful experience.

2  Thank illfred

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Overall a decent dive-looking BBQ place. The building looks old but has a lot of neat stuff hanging on the walls. Fairly quick & friendly service.

We had several different meats - brisket, turkey & chicken. There were no complaints on the meat & everyone said they enjoyed what they ordered. The BBQ sauce was a little thin & didn't have much flavor. They offer plenty of side dishes but could do a better job with the presentation. The sides are set up in a cafeteria style display but they weren't very appealing.

The sweet tea wasn't very sweet but I would probably give the place another shot in the future.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

When you advertise yourself as Texas BBQ, you would think there would be some effort put into it, but Fritze''s gave up on that. The meat is poor quality, the portions are small, and the sides are bland. Another Boerne failure. Don't waste your time or money.

1  Thank HilljackforChrist
Reviewed 29 June 2013

This place is family owned, as most restaurants are in the Boerne area. Excellent brisket and ribs! A very friendly place. Great to pick up and take home. Convenient, right in the middle of town.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

We are from NC so admit to a little bias when it comes to Q.This was certainly not what we expected.

The atmosphere was rustic and has a lot of character. Food is served in a sort of cafeteria line and seating is of your choice. Service was quick and very polite. So far, no problems.

The food was not what we had expected. My wife had BBQ chicken and I had prime rib and brisket. All were dry and overcooked to a point of being almost tasteless, in fact, without the rubs, which were very good, there would have been no taste at all. The prime rib was also almost cold.

i have sworn off BBQ until I get back to NC.