“Ok, but a little expensive”
Review of Flagstop Cafe

Flagstop Cafe
Ranked #26 of 114 Restaurants in Boerne
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Ate here on way to take daughter to camp. Didn't realize it was going to be connected to an Exxon station/store. Should have read a couple of the reviews a little closer - we usually try to avoid eating at convenience stores.
Food was ok - everyone was able to get something they liked (hamburgers, grilled cheese and breakfast tacos). Ice tea was good. The prices seemed a little high for what it was. There were lots of flies too, which was very annoying.
Probably wouldn't stop here again, with several other similar restaurants in Boerne that we could try instead.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is our favorite 'go to' restaurant in the area when we're craving 'grandma's best.' It's not fancy; it's a truck stop, but the décor is fittin' for where you are. Main thing is it's clean and service is fast. It's hard to beat their hamburgers, but unless you like well done, I suggest you tell them to make it with a pink center. They are huge, and with all the fixins on it, you'll be mighty full if you eat it all and even half of the ffs included. All servings are very generous. And speaking of ffs - tell them to make yours extra crispy and you can't find a better fry anywhere, and I do mean anywhere. I don't know what brand of potatoes they use, but the ffs taste like they're made from the best there is, as they TASTE like a potato. Now to our next 'bestie' in food at FS - the okra. I'm very picky about my fried okra, and their's is the best I've ever had, bar none. The pieces are large and very lightly beaded (unlike the small pieces, heavily breaded most places), and they are deep fried to a light, golden color. One day, I'm going there and make a meal of just the extra crispy ffs and fried okra. They're truly that good. Oven baked chicken or fried chicken are great choices, if you're not in the hamburger mood. I don't know what they put on the baked half a chicken, but it's something that coats the chicken with a crispy delicious taste that's unique to FS. The sweet potatoes aren't the Thanksgiving type, all gooey with nuts, brown sugar, and marshmallows, but it's fresh tasting and with some butter is very acceptable. I'd like to review some of the other choices in entrees and veggies, but I can't seem to wean myself away from my besties described above in order to try them! My husband's favorite is their chicken fried steak. He says it's the only place he can order this favorite entrée of his and not get tough meat. I need to mention the HUGE biscuits. They're excellent, but good luck if you have enough room to eat them at FS. I always have to take mine home for a snack later on or breakfast. You serve yourself coffee and soft drinks; all you want. FS also features daily specials, so be sure to check them out. The prices are in line with local restaurants; I would say about the same as Cheddar's, but the food is better than Cheddar's. You order your food at a counter and then it's brought to your table. The people who work there are 'down home,' as well - friendly and very accommodating. They definitely want you to be happy with your purchase, so don't hesitate to speak up if something isn't just perfectly to your liking. After eating, meander over to the convenience store at the other end of the establishment for your lottery tickets or whatever else might interest you there. And if you want to eat at home, but don't want to cook, use their convenient drive through. I really don't understand the few not-so-good reviews here, but it's possible to have one bad experience anywhere you eat. I know, because we eat out a lot. I'll bet you've had one or two of them at home. :) DO give FS a try, because they really do have good, down home food you'll enjoy, and you won't have to leave an arm or a leg there to get it, either.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I am staying close by in Boerne and decided to try this place. I ordered a Club Sandwich with fries. I also got an iced tea. The tea was very good and they had some large slices of lemon out which I absolutely love. Wish more places had this. The sandwich was just normal and the fries were okay. The employees seemed kind of listless and just going through the motions. You order at the counter which I didn't know when I entered. I sat at my table for several minutes and no one said anything. I finally saw a sign on the wall about ordering at the counter.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I was surprised by all of the decent reviews this place has. I went for breakfast and I thought everything was OK. The prices were kinda high and the food was edible but not worth the price.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

This was recommended by the staff at Comfort Inn as a great place. And was it ever! We just wanted a burger and fries. And did we ever get stuffed. This former Stuckey's has the seating and and the kitchen to make the food, and make it good.