“Can't Handle Crowds”
Review of Cheesy Jane's - CLOSED

Cheesy Jane's
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I went here with a friend for lunch about a month ago. It was in the middle of the week and we were there a little ahead of the traditional lunch hour so it was not busy. I thought the food was okay but nothing spectacular. Then just a few days ago I went again this time with my husband. It was on a Sunday and the place was packed. We had to wait for them to clear a table to have a place to sit. We ordered turkey burgers and waited 45 minutes for our meal! Previously I had their turkey burger and it was thick and juicy. This time both of our turkey burgers looked like they had been squished flat to cook fast. They were dry and tasteless. I had to ask for extra mayo because it was so dry. My advice is if you go here and they are busy, find someplace to eat. They do not seem to have the staff necessary to handle crowds.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My wife and I returned to Boerne on vacation after having lived here for seven years and moving north last year. When we lived here Cheesy Janes was one of our favorite stops. Staff was always friendly and accommodating. Burgers were large and delicious. Food was always fresh and their rings and fries were hard to decide between. It has a clean and comfortable "diner style" decor which I find pleasant and relaxing.
I was pleased to see that nothing had changed. Walking into the restaurant made me feel like I was home again...

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Being a restaurant in a "strip center", many overlook this little place that is serving old fashioned soda fountain burgers and really good shakes. Can't eat this type of food often, but when you are in the mood for a Patty Melt, this is THE place to go in Boerne.

Reviewed 3 September 2013 via mobile

The juicy burgers are excellent, but it doesn't stop there. Hand cut fries crisp, not soggy, hand battered onion rings, handmade shakes with real ice cream, all perfect.

The only problem is deciding what to order, cuz it's all so good!

We go back every time we are in Boerne. The atmosphere is like a 50's malt shop, right out of the TV show Happy Days.

The service is friendly and attentive. I've never been disappointed.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

feel like i traveled back in time the burgers are out of this world and lots of burgers i never heard of they even make home made shakes love mixing banana and chocolate yummy its not health food just good food