“Prices sure have increased!”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Soup/Salad for $7; Monterrey Chicken for $11; iced tea: $7... lunch for three: $38!
I know prices for eating out has increased, but this is no longer a grill and the food comes in frozen! The wait time for our food was especially long for lunchtime, so waiting do long before telling us about the soup situation was frustrating.

Had a free chips n salsa coupon via my foursquare check in and they did not have any of their very popular chicken enchilada soup by 12:30pm on a Friday. We opted for another soup choice (reluctantly), then they charged us extra for the soup AND for my free chips n salsa.

The salad portion was skimpy.

Our server, Tabby, was nice and made sure we has plenty of iced tea.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I cannot remember the name of the server, but she was awful. She was way too hyper and when she took our order, she hopped into our BOOTH!!! Very innapropriate and unprofessional. I should've made a complaint to management. I most certainly did not want to leave her a tip.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

The corn on the cob was literally ice cold....ICE as in came straight out of the fridge, pepper and whole bottle of salt put on it and they forgot to heat it. It wasn't fresh. The mac 'n cheese was Kraft with more cheese melted on top (I challenge this Chili's location to prove me wrong that they don't serve boxed mac 'n cheese off their kids menu). The ribs were dry....which means they were pre-cooked earlier in the morning or even the day before, reheated once, and then reheated again with the sauce. Two chicken crispers weren't cooked through. Fried cheese sticks weren't cooked through. We only go here about once per year because it's so inconsistent. Heck it's Chili's.....I'm not even looking for GOOD when I go to one of these chain places.....just some consistency.

Our server was a sweet girl but we did sit with empty glasses for looooooong period of time.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

You never can count on Chili's for food or service at this restaurant. Sometimes they are great, sometimes they aren't. The waitstaff is always changing just as much as the menu does! The restaurant has always been too small for the area and the booths have seen their day, they move and lost all their padding! If you have a large party, plan on spending time there as they cannot handle it. If you are out of options to eat in Boerne, i would recommend Chili's.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We have conclueded that we will never go to Chili's again, my husband and I give them the heve hoo, tired of blah blah food. We arrived at dinner time on a Saturday night, got seated and then waited for a good ten minutes, now we had our menu's in hand, but no server, a couple running around with the "I'm Busy RIght Now" look, we waited, now this happened a month before, I talked to the manager and the next time she made sure everything was fresh and prompt, of course she is unable to work everyday and night, but I will tell you,the manager that was there, was to busy talking to another couple about their food and when they came back, what where they going to eat, Not......that nothing was being done around him, people not being served and the people next to us telling us that they had been there almost an hour and their server must of been on drugs. Well they finally got their food, and he noticed that someone was in his area, said he'd be back, husband upset, and wanted to walk out like we did last month after waiting 20 minutes for nothing to happen. He finally came back and got our order. The fun always begins at some point, the couple next to us tells us that their food was hard and cold. My husband wanted to get up, because we still hadn't gotten our drinks and we were at the point we were at the last time of visit., He came back with drinks, and 15 minutes later, chips and salsa. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to long to put chips and salsa that are already prepared to throw in a bowl and plate and bring out. By the time the food came, we had been there a whole hour, watching other servers and the manager talk to this couple about whatever, peeping through the kitchen window and seeing my salad go limp and my husbands food wait under the hot light, So much fun listening to the ranting and raving about the service, We finally got our meal, my salad was limp and lifeless. My husbands chicken was hard as a rock, we signaled for a server, didn't care who, the dumb manager on duty came up, asked how we were doing, husband blowing hot smoke out ears and ready to blow up, I told him we wanted to pay, he got our server, nothing on plates touched, asked for bill and left. If you love service like this, by all means, belly yourselves up to Chili's. Their are better restaurants in Boerne, Cypress Grill, The Duck Place on River Road,El Rio, Fritzes, and fast food, they are would be faster and you will get served in less than 5 minutes.

Now, there are good times to go, obviously not after 4pm, but during the day and you sit where the bartender is, I think her name is Janice, you will get the best service, she's awesome. But I would pass if she's not there. I love Chili's but not that Chili's. If they fixed the place up, got better staffing that cared, and cooks that didn't dry up your food and everyone worked like a team to deliver impeccable service like other restaurants, they would get us back and other Boernites back, so long Chili's.

1  Thank alison S