“It is now Fredo's Ristorino”
Review of Lorenitas Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

Lorenitas Mexican Restaurant
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

No review as it is now Fredo's Ristorante & went in search of another Mexican restaurant - ended up at El Rio's - see for review

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This place is a mish-mash of styles, decorations, and add-on rooms. One might call the decor early dive . . . but I like it. There are barrel tables and stools as you walk in with the dining room to the left.

We had our choice of tables, sat down, orderded bean & cheese nachos and plates of enchiladas and puffy tacos, then on to the drinks. It was happy hour and they were offering margaritas for 99¢! 99¢!! What can you get for 99¢ these days! And it was pretty good! Served frozen in a large margarita glass. A little sweet, but we just added more fresh squeezed lime juice. The waitress warned us that they also add vodka. After two of these, we were starting to try and stack BBs. Not really, but they definitely had some alcohol.
The bean and cheese nachos were good, prepared separately rather than in a pile (which I hate), although the beans could have a bit more flavor. Tortillas were fair. A la charra beans a little flat, though I spied bacon and onion in the broth, and had a slight burned flavor. Puffies, some of the best I have had. Barely any residual oil, the "shell" was soft and tasty with just enough crunch yet held together nicely, and the beef was well seasoned. Although they got our enchilada order wrong (chicken instead of cheese for one of the two enchiladas) to begin with, it was quickly righted with the beef very meaty and the cheese very cheesy smothered with a savory enchilada gravy. We like!

Friendly folks, good service, wowser price on happy hour frozen margaritas, good tex-mex dish renditions . . . I asked if I could move in, or at least get a meal contract. Talk about Porky Pig if I did. Some of the plates are huge like the one with 3 enchiladas and two puffy tacos. Who eats that much except for Adam Richman (Man vs. Food)! However, I just might have to take that challenge myself sometime after starving for two days!