“Changed menu”

Limestone Grille
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Southwestern
Good for: Romantic, Groups, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Limestone Grille is the finest dining establishment in the Hill Country. Offering fresh, naturally healthy cuisine with emphasis on the quality of ingredients, culinary execution supported by talent that is unmatched by anyone in the area, featuring dishes that are comfortable yet approachable with a talented staff that is both attentive and personable. Dine in true Texas casual style while overlooking the Cibolo Creek from our comfortable private dining room and create a night to remember for you and your guests. Choose from a menu with diverse delicious offerings using the freshest ingredients and innovative preparations created by our culinary team. Select wine by the bottle or glass from our extensive list. Private dining area seats up to 75 guests.
“Changed menu”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

I had lunch two days ago. Have been dining here for over 10 years. Very disappointed in service. I ordered the limestone house salad, a staple. It looked different when I got it and asked for the menu because I saw no blue cheese. She brought the menu and mentioned some items had changed. I can see changing items, but keeping the same name? At the end of the meal, we discussed it again, she told me the blue cheese was a typo on the menu. I may give them one more chance, but not sure right now.

2 Thank Susienashie

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favorite place in Boerne!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2011

The Wednesday night Prime Rib Special was great. Mushroom Gorgonzola soup is one of my favorites and it is always great when I get it. It is a laid back and relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy your meal at your pace. I love this place so much that I had my wedding there! I will be back many more times.

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank WienerMan
Boerne, Texas
“Awful service and food, beautiful hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2011

Upon entering the restaurant, there was no one to greet us, just a bartender behind the bar. We waited at least 5 minutes, then made our way past the bar, which is when the bartender decided to finally acknowledge our presence by saying we need to wait, someone would be with us in a minute. Finally, after what seemed like forever, a young lady came in from outside with a glass of wine in her hand and told us someone would seat us shortly. A few minutes later, another staff member showed up and seated us.
A very unprofessional waitress told us the specials for the evening and seemed to be irritated that she had customers. Once we received our beverage and meals, the place seemed deserted again. No one returned to ask us if everything was o.k. or to offer us a refill on our beverages. Finally, we ran out of patience and had to use our cell phone to call the hotel to ask if we could get some service in the restaurant. The waitress showed up very nonchalantly and took our drink orders - no apologies or acknowledgement of the fact that we had to phone them.
The food was o.k., except, when I got home and cut up my leftovers for my puppies, I noticed that my pork chops were actually quite raw in the middle. I guess the lighting in the restaurant was pretty dim. We spent way too much money for what was a very unpleasant experience.

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank milagrollc
Texas
“Mediocre food in a badly outdated room...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2010

Mediocre food in a badly outdated room. Assumed beef was the way to go given it was mentioned most on the limited menu. Salad was nice, but my beef tenderloin (at $27) had been sitting in the cooler a day or two waiting to be cooked--not edible. Ambience was absent--beautiful view but the room had heavy drapes and carpet and was freezing. (One couple moved around the corner to eat in the bar--cozier and warmer.) This place needs a new look and a new menu!

1 Thank Cotney
Austin, Texas
“Delicious food, lovely atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2009

My husband and I were visiting the town ate lunch here on 9/22/09. This is our favorite restaurant in Boerne. I crave their free appetizer. It is a four cheese herb spread served with pita crisp like crackers and bread. I am not sure which cheeses other than blue are used but it is amazing. I would gladly pay for this appetizer but it is free like tortilla chips at a Mexican restaurant. Mmmm.

My meal was soup and salad and I was very impressed with both. I am a soup snob. I rate restaurants on the quality of their soups and salad dressings. I hate food service versions of either. .. I had their creamy Gorgonzola Mushroom that is delightful, homemade and unique. I have never had this soup anywhere else so it keeps me coming back for more. The salad dressing is just as delightful . A nice homemade blue cheese with the yummy addition of bacon pieces. It was sooo good! So the theme of my review is "I love blue cheese" and this restaurant is great at incorporating it in creative ways. And for those of you who despise blue cheese, my husband thoroughly enjoyed his meal as well… He had a Philly cheese steak wrap with Au jus and a cup of beef vegetable stew. He enjoyed both and I got to try the hearty soup and thought it was very tasty. We both loved the tea option we chose, flavored raspberry tea.

And now on to the service and experience… We had the most pleasant waitress. She was thoughtful and it was clear that she really wanted us to be happy. I am usually nervous about asking for side item substitutions, but she said no problem while smiling. She even asked if we wanted some togo tea :) The dining room was pretty full so we chose to eat in the bar. It is a very warm and cozy space like an old Irish bar. We highly recommend this place to eat if visiting Boerne. We are looking forward to our next visit!