Paniolo Ranch Bed & Breakfast Spa
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$112
US$96
ComfortInn
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$123
Fairfield Inn
US$66
Best Western Boerne Inn & Suites(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$91
Motel 6 Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$69
US$363
US$279
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb btexas hill countrywe loved our stayonly negativeeach morningwedding weekendking bedjudyranchpropertyrehearsalvenuepamperedhunterbouquetscenery
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2009

I have never written a poor review. I am a very positive person, and pretty darn happy-go-lucky, and I appreciate a vacation almost anywhere. I have visited about 10 B &B's, Spa/Resorts, and dude ranches in this area over the last couple of years. I feel compelled to write that this was hands-down the worst (and ironically most expensive) of any of them. I simply want to warn people.

We gave 2 days notice to receive simply a half-hr massage during our stay. When we arrived before 6 pm on our arrival date we received a note telling us that there were no massages available for us. We were not greeted by ANYONE the entire time we were there. Only a form on the door requesting my credit card. I saw the handyman the following morning. That was it. The owner would not answer her door or really the phone until we were checking out, so she could return my credit card via handyman.

We had the Spa Room. It claims to sleep 6 people. I was not told that the two beds (one a murphy) were in the same small room. The gentleman I was with is a disabled senior and I am a care provider. In the pictures on the website, it appears that there is a great view overlooking the water. This was not true. There is a small patio. The great view is far down the hill and shared amongst the other rooms, which my friend could not walk down to.

I love dogs, but these dogs barked a night and sat outside my door and barked some more. Strange.

There was no food available to us. No "room service" whatsoever. The host told us to pick up our own food on the way, and the breakfast was a bowl of cereal and a bowl of fruit and some pieces of sweet bread in the mini-fridge. Bring your own food!

I was also told that none of the stores (the gift shop, art room, or spa) were open for our viewing. Needless to say, we planned to stay two nights and left after the first night to stay at a better, much cheaper bed and breakfast in Boerne. We received massages in town for half the price. This whole place was the biggest waste of money. Only relaxing because it was in the middle of nowhere (quite a drive from Boerne), but definitely NOT a SPA and NOT a RESORT.

Wish I had better things to say. I came ready to love this place and was very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank lucyloo25
paniolo6, Owner at Paniolo Ranch Bed & Breakfast Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2012

Two years ago we received this complaint from one of our guests.  We did not respond since we had so many good comments from other guests and felt that this one would eventually go away or at least be sent to the bottom of the list.  But for some reason no matter how many excellent reviews we get this 2 year old complaint keeps resurfacing.  Our mistake was not responding immediately to defend ourselves against this gross misrepresentation of our property and services. This guest is holding us accountable for her lack of responsibility, as the care provider for an elderly gentlemen, in choosing the right accommodation to meet the needs of her employer while also meeting her comfort level. Without going into to much detail we would like to address a few things. We greet our guests 95% of the time, but in certain unavoidable circumstances we do what we call a "late check-in". However, this does not mean that we are not immediately available by phone or in person at reasonable hours. If we had received two days notice on the spa services we would have had more than enough time to schedule her request, we never turn down our guests. Our understanding is the exact day she arrived she requested a treatment and we were not able to accommodate her immediately. However, we did schedule her treatment for the following day, but she left because she was unhappy with the sleeping arrangements. The Spa House does sleep up to 4 people and in the online description it states the situation.  She did tell us she was traveling with a senior citizen, but did not tell us her relation to him. Given more information we could have helped her make a more appropriate room selection. As seen on our website there is and always has been a ballet bar on the wall, across from the 9' x 7' mirror.   This property is also a private residence, so yes we do have our own dogs which is part of the reason why we have a "no pet rule". We again sincerely apologize if they bothered her or any other guests. There is Room Service and Dining options for all of our guests if adequate reservations are made. It also states that on the website and in the guest books where the meal service options are listed. Breakfast is an in room breakfast. It includes: Milk, Juice, Cereal with nuts and berries, Yogurt, Fresh Fruit, Homemade Sweet Breads, and Ham, Egg, and Cheese Croissants, or Pigs in Blanket, or Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Kolaches from a local bakery. There are also none meat options for vegetarians. The Art Studio, Gym, and Library are absolutely never locked. The Main House is a private residence, it is closed when business hours are over, although one may knock/ring the door bell, or call by phone. The Spa is also closed when there are no treatments scheduled. We appreciate constructive criticism as it helps us to better serve our customers, but we do not appreciate fabrication.

Reviewed 12 April 2009

My husband and I went to this spa in celebration of completing our 1st year of parenthood. So all we wanted to do was just rest and relax and get away from all the stresses of our day to day life. When we called to ask about dinner that night, the response we got was paniciky and short. She told us what we could have for dinner and at what time instead of the other way around. Her response for why she couldn't serve us at the requested time? She had other plans! And that was the owner of the place. We also did not like the fact that the dinner was in the fridge and not served, we had to make our own coffee and leave dirty dinner dishes in our room overnight. We go a "5 cent" tour of the property, but were largely left to fend for ourselves. The service was overally very unwelcoming and left us wondering if this was worth spending our first free couple of days together away from home andy baby. We will not be returning and I would not recommend this place to anyone simply because of the service.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lady_Traveller_2009
Reviewed 3 March 2009

My girlfriends and I wanted to plan a relaxing, get-a-way weekend. Paniolo Ranch definitely did the trick. It was very tranquil and serene. Judy and her staff were extremely cordial and very accessible.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 February 2009

We absolutely enjoyed our stay at Paniolo Ranch. Judy is a wonderful, gracious host! The accomodations were much better than expected! The whole weekend was relaxing and perfect. The spa is excellent, the food is fantastic and the mood is right out of the movies! We will definetly be back and recommend to all our friends and family!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 9 December 2008

We stayed at the Paniolo Ranch O'Hana House the first week of December. We had a much needed relaxing weekend with awesome accomodations and luxurious spa treatments.
Judy and her daughter provided meals beyond our expectations - I loved the fun time and special surprises they provided.
The spa provided a much needed time for relaxation and pampering.
Our "Girls Getaway" weekend was a memorable one! We are already putting pictures together and making our DVD movie to share with family and friends.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)