“George Strait's Tapatio Springs Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Waxahachie, Texas
“George Strait's Tapatio Springs Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent the 2013 Labor Day weekend at Tapatio Springs Resort with a golfing friend of mine and our wives. I have been to Tapatio many times over the last 15 years and it has always been one of my favorite golf resorts. However, the last time we were there was about 4 years ago, and due to the severe drought of years past, the course was so bad it was actually unplayable. I had never intended of returning. Another friend of mine was there a couple of months ago, and he was telling how good the course was since George has purchase it. I found that extremely hard to believe, but, I called and talked to the Pro Shop and the General Manger. They both assured me that I would not even recognize the place since I had not been there in 4 years. They convinced me I would not be disappointed, so I made reservations. I can truthfully say that the changes they have made and the condition of the course were not overstated. Our rooms and restrooms had been completely remodeled with new furniture, carpet, tile, beds, TV's, and fixtures. Our room looked like it have never even been used. We found the restaurant and food exceptional. The whole wait staff was incredible, very accommodating, and courteous! We had an absolutely great time and enjoyed everything about our stay. I will most likely return with a group of my golfing buddies some time in October when it cools down a little. We really enjoyed the golf. Even if you don't golf, this is a great place to just go and relax and spend a couple of days. My congratulations to the whole staff for such good service. Neal Davis

Room Tip: Their suites are fantastic!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
lubbock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2013

The Resort at Tapatio Springs is a great place to go with a group of golfing friends. The resort has recently been renovated. They are still working out some kinks, but the staff is the friendliest and most helpful as you will find.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank skrushing
Boerne, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

One of the problems I have with Trip Advisor is that there is no filter system to weed out the reviews that are clearly inaccurate. I recently got onto Trip Advisor to review hotels in Denver and saw the review that debtejada wrote about The Resort at Tapatio and was so disappointed. As a member of Tapatio and a frequent guest and golfer I have to dispute almost all of her claims. The resort has been completely remodeled and the staff works very hard to be accomodating. We recently had my nephews wedding at the resort with over 250 guests in attendance - it rained and had to be moved inside - Barbara (the GM she refers too) and Kayla could not have been nicer to work with. I never once heard the names Tom or George. Even with the rain disappointment it was still a wonderful evening. My husband and I recently golfed on a Saturday and met friends after for dinner - the food was great and the service wonderful. The golf shop employees are always friendly and courteous. When reading the review I felt I was reading a teenage girls review - clearly nothing was going to make this woman happy. I think the old adage "treat people the way you would want to be treated" most certainly applies here. I would recommend this resort to all of my clients and friends!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Patti N
Midland, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

I stayed at this resort for an extended weekend in June with a group of friends for a weekend of golf, good food and relaxation. I consider the Hill Country to be one of the most scenic areas in the county and always look forward to spending time there. I have stayed at resorts and boutique bed and breakfasts in and around Austin, Fredericksburg, Blanco, Horseshoe Bay and more. I’d heard about this place in Boerne called Tapatio Springs and decided to give it a try for this particular trip – and let me tell you, I am so glad I did. This place is a true gem tucked away in the heart of Texas. Its location is impeccable! It’s a half hour drive to all the neat small Hill Country towns I discussed earlier, and more. The setup of the resort is flawless. The room I stayed in was clean, updated with all new amenities, and very spacious. We played golf on the premises for 2 days and had an absolute blast playing the two courses, The Lakes and The Valley. Golf in the heat of summer in Texas can be difficult on the player and the course maintenance crews keeping the courses in good shape. Our group was catered to on the course by a great staff both driving around in carts with refreshments and by the fantastic halfway house where there was a chef cooking a fajita lunch one day and burgers the next. The courses are kept in immaculate shape and are some of the prettiest I’ve played in the area. While my friends and I enjoyed golf, the girls (who opted out of playing) decided to go to into Boerne and surrounding areas to shop. After golf on the first day, we decided to eat dinner in the dining area of the main lodge and enjoy the evening on the patio. The place was lively with others staying at the resort and many stayed to enjoy the live band playing on the large outdoor porch through the evening and into the night! I started talking with a couple named Earl and Barbara. I conversed with them earlier in the afternoon and truly enjoyed their company, so we continued right where we left off. It turns out they help run the resort and have been actively involved with transforming this place into the oasis it’s turning out to be. They are, and will continue, working on a complete renovation of the entire resort. I could not have felt more at home thanks to them and their staff’s hospitality throughout the entire weekend. They always had a smile on their face, were very courteous to our group, and were very helpful throughout the weekend. I will continue to stay at Tapatio Springs on my travels to the Hill Country in the future and HIGHLY recommend anyone in the area to do the same. It was a fantastic experience all around and I look forward to going back soon!

2 Thank Barton I
Midland, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

I knew we were in for a treat by the drive from the highway. It's not as if you are driving through extravagant neighborhoods with million dollar homes, rather it's taking in what the locals consider to be God's Country. As you arrive at the property it immediately opens up and the view is spectacular. The staff had all of our accommodations in order before we arrived and the weekend was off to a smooth start, which almost never happens with my travel group. Our room was more than expected for a resort under new management and ownership. We were told by the GM herself that if there were any problems at all that she would be more than willing to get us fixed up. We slipped on down to the fantastic new outdoor patio where the live music took us by storm and the nights was in motion. As far as the service was concerned, I was more than pleased with the personal service we all received even though it seemed as though they were short staffed, they didn't miss a beat. The bang for your buck aspect at Tapatio Springs is hard to beat and you can count on me to make an annual visit. Everyone from management to cleaning crew made us feel right at home and very welcome. Big RECOMMENDATION from me!

2 Thank Cole O
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

This place is quite nice. Set in the Texas Hill Country, it is quiet, peaceful, and very relaxing. Amenities are nice-pool is good, gym is good, free wifi, etc. Rooms are large and roomy, though a tiny bit dated. Overall, I had a very nice stay and I would recommend it, though after experiencing both this and a guest ranch, I would prefer to stay on a ranch which offers similar amenities and a more authentic Texas feel.

• Stayed July 2013
houston TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Went with a group, guys playing golf tournment for the weekend ladies doing whatever, I was looking forward to shopinging Boerne and Fredricksburg with friends. Had lunch as check-in time was 4PM the lunch was just terrible waited 30 minutes for 3 soups and one salad with an empty restaruant. Ordered salmon on my salad it came almost totally raw. Sent it back but kept my salad thinking how hungry ... they would cook a new one NOOOO they cooked the same one and that might have been kinda iffy but it took them 15 minutes and we were leaving when they brought it to our table. The waitress gave me a dirty look when we said we were done. This should have prepared me for the weekend. Time to ck in I asked for 2 queen beds the young girl told me they did not have any... This resort appreared far from full ... Ok said can I get a balcony they could do that. requesed they send over bell hop to help us unload luggage, they do not have bell hops only cleaning staff. Ok can someone help she replied she thought yes. we waited and waited but no one showed so we lugged out things up the steep stairs 3 times. Requested a fridge in our room these people advertise this as a resort... its summer my husband and friends playing a tournment of 3 days with had cold cuts, fruit, gatoraid he wanted refrigerate & take with him in his cooler as he played. They charged extra for a fridge saying it was NOT ENERGY FRIENDLY NOT GREEN. . I looked at the girl and she saw it was not a happy face she said WELL THEY RUN ALLTHE TIME IN ALL THESE ROOMS JUST THINK HOW MUCH ENERGY IS GOING TO WASTE. My room was not bad, spacious and it had 2 queen beds thought the girl at the front desk was clueless on this. Our friends room had no closet. Jeez! As I walked around the ground for 3 days it became apparent the staff of cleaning people cleaned the rooms and also ran the desk . We requested dinner recomendations one night from the desk as there was no concierge the little girl pointed out a burger place she said that was all she knew of. Great! the last day came in to ck out stood with my friend @ the desk waiting our turn. There was no one else but one little young girl she was going over a customers bill who was none too happy. We stood there 20 minutes she looke over said she would get to us when she was done. About that time out of a back office out walks an older woman WOW! I am thinking we have been delivered as was my friend. She saunters by walks around goes into the front desk area looks around, picks up a few papers, drops them and saunter out without offering to help anyone and by now the room had several others. I stood there as she walked by me with an ugly ugly look on my face suddenly she looked up saw me and litterally screamed out ARE YOU OK then walked over and put her hands on my shoulder it so scared me & my friends we jumped and my first reaction to her question was DO I KNOW YOU. Wrong thing to say she got immediately mad snapped her name was Barbara and she worked directly with George and Tom. I had to think a minute who the hell was she talking about my friend said I think she's talking about the owners. Jeez! I said well good for George and Tom. We need to ck out we have been waiting for over 20 minutes now this little girl behind the counter needs some help can you do that for her? This Barbara then snaps at me OH I KNOW WHO YOU ARE YOUR THE LADY WHO CHANGED HER ROOM. I said lady I have no idea what your talking about I never changed my room I neve had a room officially reserved our group had "rooms" but your girl put us in a balcony room and we were grateful WELL SHE SNAPPED YOUR FRIENDS ARE NOT PLEASE WITH YOU OVER THAT. WE HAVE HAD SOME COMPLAINTS. I said yes i bet you did but not about me lady about this crazy place .. WELL SHE SAY I AM THE GENERAL MANAGER AND i WORK DIRECTLY WITH GEORGE AND TOM. My friend spoke up then said AHH YOU TOLD US THAT ALREADY... REMEMBER. I said at any rate we are tying to ck out I have some perishables we stored in the fridge and your fridge froze them solid my husbands fruit, cold cuts etc. Barbara, the GM, then said and I quote her. WELL IFYOU THINK I AM GOING TO GIVE IT TO YOU FREE YOUR WRONG. I WILL CREDIT ONE DAY AND THAT IS ALL. We left thinking we were in Motel 6 not a resort. The guys were completeing golf drove over to pick them up ... we immediatley shared our experience with all wondering if we were crazy or had anyone experience the issues, one fellow told us the first night Friday night that Barbara had been out where the carts are coming in he was getting his stuff out of his cart she began a conversation with him she had a bottle of wine with her & was inebriated. Said it was around 7 PM He said I am sure its her she told me her name several times and also that she worked with George and Tom

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank debtejada
Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Northwest Side
Eilan Hotel & Spa, Autograph Collection
Omni San Antonio Hotel
#17 of 353 in San Antonio
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,703 reviews

Been to Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!