Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Hampton Inn and Suites Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$103
US$85
ComfortInn
US$66
Best Western Boerne Inn & Suites(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$91
Fairfield Inn & Suites San Antonio Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$134
Fairfield Inn
Motel 6 Boerne(Boerne)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$279
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$196
All reviewsgolf coursesalt caveplay golfla cascadageorge straitadult poolfire pithill countryfamily poolgreat golfthe wait staffpro shopdriving rangeround of golfbeautiful sceneryget awayin great shape
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was there for a wedding and the bartender Ryan was rude to all of us both Thursday and Friday night. (April 3rd and 4th) We would ask for a drink and he would tell us he didnt have all of the right ingredients, then another bartender would come over and tell us they did have everything they needed. So we asked Ryan again to make a certain drink and again he told us he didnt have all the ingredients. We went back to the other bartender and once again he told us they did indeed have what we wanted, pulled the bottle out and showed us. Finally Ryan made us the drink we requested. This happened more than one. It was as if Ryan didnt feel like working.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We had heard renovations had been made but our room definitely didn't receive any. It was like walking into the 1980's, complete with a mattress that squeaked! Very uncomfortable bedding! Our spacious room displayed drab and dingy decor with not a single easy chair to watch television. And we would have loved to enjoy our coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening on our tiny patio but there wasn't a table, only 2 chairs! The only saving grace we saw was their restaurant. It dishes out wonderful food with friendly and hospitable service by Yolanda. Don't come here and expect luxury and comfort. This resort is stuck in a time warp, in dire need of quality improvements.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My hubby and I ended up staying here with our 2 kiddos because we couldn't find any accomodations in Fredericksburg. From the outside the place seems to be really dated but the interior was very nice. It's very spread out so with 2 kiddos in tow trying to get back and forth from the pool and restaurant w/o a golf cart can be sort of a drag. We don't play golf so I can't say anything about that other then the greens looked beautiful and well maintained. I thought the restaurant was great and the wait staff were AMAZING! Everyone was super friendly and remembered our kids names and were very personable. I loved my steak and the breakfast was great! The pool is quite small. There's not really any place for small children (we have a 2 year old) aside from a teeny tiny hot tub area where they can stand on a step. Otherwise the pool would definitely be for bigger kiddos and good swimmers only. We were there while it's still cool out so I honestly can't imagine it with a lot of people there because it's quite small. There's not really anything for kids to do there unfortunately aside from swim. There's a pond but no fishing so if you do stay there I'd suggest jumping on the interstate and heading up to road to San Antonio to go to Sea World while the hubby golfs. The walls are pretty thin as well so if you can, try to get an end room so at least you only share 1 wall with other people. The rooms do have 3 sinks (one is at the wet bar) but no fridge or microwave so again being pretty far away from convenient restaurants, etc. is a bit of a drag.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We loved the place, but the only reason we took out two stars was because the food was below par and the rooms we got had beds that seemed to come from Super 8. The golf resort is without doubt very beautiful. If you stay at the resort you can use the driving range and putting greens unlimited. Also, you can take the golf carts around the property for a spin and I would highly recommend it. They have a nice camp fire and on our second night it was perfect.

Two appetizers we ordered where clearly prepared the day before. And that was a little disappointing. I think the most unremarkable part of the stay was the beds in the rooms. Creaky and gave me a mild back ache.

Overall - Check it out. It's a nice place and oh its owned by a celebrity George Strait

Room Tip: We where in room 133 and enjoyed it
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank readerregular15
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and son were attending the GolfPsych three day program so we got a pretty good rate. Arrived Thursday about 3:00, check-in is at 4:00. They actually had our two rooms ready so that was good.

Having heard the resort was "extensively renovated" after George Straight bought it, I was anxious to see what improvements had been done to the very dated rooms I remembered from about five years back. Well, I guess the renovations were reserved for George's suite and the golf course because our rooms looked like the 80's checked in there and never checked out. Dated wallpaper, fixtures, vanity tops, etc. The plumbing in the bathtub was hanging on by a thread. The water pressure was good so that's something. There was a Keurig and a sink but no microwave, no fridge. The room was certainly big enough to accommodate both. Beds were comfortable but pillows need to be thrown out the window. Didn't eat any meals there but it was reported that the breakfasts were very good.

What really pissed me off was their policy of late check-outs. The GolfPsych program ended at noon today. Check-out is at 11. I called and requested a late check-out and she told me noon was the latest she'd give us. I tried explaining that we would just need till 12:30 at the latest and there would be none of that. So, I had to lug all the luggage for three people downstairs myself to a vehicle that didn't exist since it was up the hill with my husband, and wait outside in the cold until they got there about 12:15! Not only could they not change out of their golf clothes, they couldn't even use the restroom! The resort's entire room-cleaning schedule would not have hinged on the delay of 30 extra minutes for two rooms.

Poor customer service is the one thing in my book that never warrants a second chance. I guess the royal treatment is reserved for King George. Management needs to address this issue. I'm sure GolfPsych brings them a considerable amount of business. They should have a standard check-out time of 12:30 for guests who are attending. I doubt we'll ever return.

Stayed: March 2014