“Nice stay”

Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Boerne
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed a couple of nights while attending a wedding at the resort. Very quiet and beautiful views great if you are a golfer but the pool is small considering the size of the resort. We enjoyed eating and listening to music on the patio. The room was clean but needs an update, bed was not comfortable it sagged in the middle. Overall it was nice not great but nice.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Zoeytravels
TapatioSpringsResort, Manager at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your recent stay, while you said your stay was good, I apologize that your stay was not quite up to expectation. I've shared your concerns with our management team and we hope to have you and your family back at our beautiful resort in the future!

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Total Greatness. Golf, Spa and food/staff were all amazing. It's a very quiet, peaceful and serene resort with the perfect amenities. They even allowed us to take a sun-set ride around the golf course (no charge).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CharlesR797
TapatioSpringsResort, Manager at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

CharlesR,

It was our pleasure to have you and your wife at our resort! We enjoyed giving you the grand tour of the resort. While we have been called the "Hidden Gem" of the beautiful Texas Hill Country we don't want to be kept a secret. We definitely look forward to having you and your friends back at our beautiful resort!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Just a few weeks ago, I got married outside on their new patio right next to the green. It was breathtakingly beautiful! Krista Nabors, the wedding/ sales event planner on site for Tapatio was so sweet to work with the whole year. The reason I choose this venue was based on a strict criteria I had set for myself. I wanted a place that was picturesque, could have a wedding outside and reception inside, and had enough rooms for everyone to stay on the property. This place met every criteria and surpassed it, but what I could not count on was would I have good customer service. AND, I did! Everyone was super sweet and easy to ask requests of, I can honestly say I did not have one bad experience. Also, Krista was like working with a close girlfriend, she listened and understood all my requests and took care of all my worries. That made it so easy to get things accomplished and be really happy with the outcomes. Next, have I mentioned the food, it was soo good all my guests and my vendors kept telling me that too! Seriously, those looking to be at one place for all their wedding events this is the place and very reasonable for a wedding just under a 100 people. They can accommodate for more, but the Cibolo room was my favorite because it has floor to ceiling views of the rolling golf course and canyon. If I could have an event their every year, I would because it so beautiful to just walk the property. Hope this helps anyone planning a wedding or events!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Ang0020

It was our pleasure to be a part of your special day and we look forward to having you back at our resort. We look forward to being your "Anniversary" destination for many years to come.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the beginning of our selection to find the perfect wedding site, Tapatio was professional and very helpful. Krista Nabors, who was our sale event planner, did a fantastic job in all aspects. She was very easy to work with and very accomodating with all our requests. I will miss getting to work with her. The entire hotel staff did everything to make sure we had the best experience at Tapatio. I would highly suggest using them if you are wanting a mini staycation for a wedding venue. The rooms are very spacious, the food was excellent and we did everything at their resort from the rehearsal dinner, outdoor wedding and indoor/out door reception. We had 400 people attending and had plenty of room for venue. They also have an excellent space for much smaller venues, too. It is a beautiful, updated location since George Strait and another investor purchased Tapatio and they have done an amazing job with all the updates and additions. I can't speak highly enough of Tapatio and the entire staff for making our wedding a very pleasant, easy experience and one we will always remember.

Room Tip: The rooms we large and roomy. You wouldn't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kim B S
TapatioSpringsResort, Manager at Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

It was our pleasure in making your son's wedding memorable. Our staff was delighted to hear your feedback and we thank you for that. We look forward to having you and your family back at our resort soon. It is our goal to always exceed your highest expectation!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed here in a King Suite. Room had been remodeled and was nicely appointed. It was very large but was just one large room. The Bed room was not separated from the sitting area. It had a nice wet bar but did not have a refrigerator.

The resort was very busy the weekend we were there with two weddings. They must have pulled some additional staff in as the waitress in the restuarant was not sure about the menu or what was included with the dinners. Breakfast was the same.

The area is in need of a lot of rain. The golf courses are in bad shape and rates are deeply discounted. Most greens are so bumpy that you simply take two putt maximum.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Papa6157

Thank you for your feedback! I've shared your concerns with our team, so that we can meet your highest expectations. I apologize that had an unpleasant experience with the server in La Cascada, and I assure you we've addressed your concern. We are already in the process of putting a mini fridge in every room, at the time we do have them available upon request. We look forward to having you back soon to experience our wonderful resort!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My wife and I both play golf. We had been trying to get to Tapatio Springs for 3 years. We finally made it last weekend. Everything was great! Selena handled our reservation and did an awesome job. The extra effort she put forth to make our 20th anniversary special was amazing!

The room was great! Very large, and in great condition. We had a view of the 9th fairway on the Lakes Course - really nice. Selena even had them put a fridge in our room for us.

The golf course will be spectacular in less than a month. It is still an amazing course. A couple of the greens were rough from Winter kill, but if you have played anywhere in Texas, you know this is a problem on virtually every course. The views around the course and across some of the ravines were spectacular! This will be one of the top courses in Texas once they get a few of the greens whipped back into shape.

The golf course staff was very helpful. Stewart in the pro shop was very accommodating. He was able to change our tee times and when it rained on Sunday, he worked us in quickly and you could not ask for better service. Stewart even gave us some tips on some of the holes that helped. I would recommend playing it twice to really enjoy it completely. You are able to relax more the second round and soak up the Hill Country scenery!!

There were two weddings at the resort while we were there. One had 400 guests - pretty amazing!. The settings for the weddings is awesome! I have shot photos at around 500 weddings. You won't find a more beautiful setting nor better service. They had five bars set up for the large wedding. As a casual observer, it appeared that everything went like clock work and both brides were beautiful as they were transported around the resort on multi-seat golf carts.

I would highly recommend Tapatio Springs Resort to anyone wanting to get away for a relaxing weekend, for a great game of golf, or to get married or celebrate your anniversary. You can't go wrong here - because it is all here!

As a Marketing executive, I loved the slogan on a T-shirt in the golf shop - "Came for a Good Time - Stayed for a Long Time!" If you know George Strait, that is one of his big hits!

Enjoy - we did!

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Suite. It was quiet, roomy and very well appointed with granite counter tops in...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BC1217
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great time, great service, very friendly. It is a great retreat if you want to FEEL like you are a thousand miles from the hustle and bustle. The rooms were large and very comfortable. Honestly exceeded every expectation I had, especially considering the price. My family and I look forward to coming back and spending more time here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tywade

Tywade,
We definitely look forward to accommodating you and your family again in the near future. Our goal is always to exceed your highest expectation, so with your every trip we will exceed your expectations.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Boerne
Days Inn Boerne
#7 of 7 in Boerne
Northwest Side
SpringHill Suites San Antonio North West at The Rim

Been to Tapatio Springs Hill Country Resort? Share your experiences!