Blancaneaux Lodge
Hidden Valley Inn(Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve)
US$267
US$212
Gaia Riverlodge(Mountain Pine Ridge Reserve)
US$225
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$123
US$659
US$449
  • Breakfast included
San Ignacio Resort Hotel(San Ignacio)
US$184
US$160
US$108
Juntos Cottages(Teakettle)(Great Value!)
US$84
  • Pool
Table Rock Jungle Lodge(Cristo Rey)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
Tropicool Hotel(San Ignacio)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsturtle innguatemalan restaurantbig rock fallsorganic gardenhorseback ridingthe riverthai massagefrancis ford coppolala lanchaplunge poolhoneymoon cabanaenchanted cottagebarton creek caveitalian foodjaguar juiceshell phonehorse stables
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Everything about our visit to Blancaneaux was magical!

Our room was the most beautiful hotel room I have ever stayed in. Rustically elegant, very comfortable and private - yet open to the outdoors. I loved returning after dinner to find our balcony glowing in candle light and waking up in the morning to the sounds of birds chirping. Our three daughters were enchanted with the "shell phone" intercom, loved swinging on the hammock on our deck up in the trees and enjoyed bathing in the the indoor/outdoor bathtub.

The food was excellent, really fresh and carefully prepared. The staff were very professional yet warm and friendly, especially to the kids.

The setting on the river is spectacular. Just look at the pictures on their website.

We hiked to Big Rock Falls, went horseback riding and had massages at the hotel. I'd recommend all of those.

We also went zip lining at Calico Jacks and canoeing at Caves Branch. Both excellent are excursions. We did them as we left Blancaneaux which saved us some time and money.

We had considered renting a car, but I'm glad that we didn't. Travel on the road to Blancaneaux is part of the adventure, but the drive is very slow and bumpy.

I would highly recommend Blancaneaux.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 July 2011

This has got to be one of the best hotel/ resort experiences of our lives. My wife and I spent the first part of our honeymoon in October 2009 at this gorgeous property and have been trying to figure out how to get back ever since. The service was top notch and everyone was personable, friendly, and eager to help. Make sure to reserve one of the cabanas with the private plunge pool and outdoor shower - the indulgence is worth the extra expense!

We loved that there is no TV, Internet (except for wi-fi at the main building), or TV and just a "shell phone" to call the front desk. The lack of air conditioning wasn't a problem as the cool mountain air made for comfortable sleeping. Any number of activities or excursions were available and you could do as much or as little as you like.

The only draw back, if there is one, is that you are truly isolated and the closest town, San Ignacio, is an hour's ride away. You are limited, in effect, to their on-site resources, restaurants, and sponsored trips if you don't have a car. The food was delicious and we were happy to relax and read pool-side so it wasn't a problem for us.

Room Tip: Reserve one of the cabanas with the private plunge pool and outdoor shower - the indulgence is worth the extra expense!
  • Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2011

This resort is worth traveling to! The experince is incredible and the service is fantastic. There is so much to do nearby (Barton Cave Tour, myan ruins, wildlife, ziplining, horsebackriding, relaxing, etc) and the scenery is beautiful It is both rustic and luxurious at the same time - a perfect combo. We were visiting with our family and this was the highlight of our trip to Belize. We had 3 two bedroom villas and loved every second. The staff was very helpful and friendly and went above and beyond when it came to our needs.
The restaurants are ok but not the best but not bad considering you are in the middle of the jungle! We ate at both the Guatamalean and Italian restaurnts and the food was so so but the service was impeccable.
The setting is enchanting and lovely. Our family would recommend staying here to anyone who is unsure. Its a great experience!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 July 2011

We made the trip last February and I'm just getting around to writing my review in July. This place was so excellent that I wouldn't allow myself to simply discard the importance of contributing to its reputation so I'm finally writing.

My wife and I went here for my birthday and spent 4 nights/5 days at Blancaneaux. This was one of the best experiences of my life. We've done quite a bit of traveling over the past several years and nothing was similar to this experience. The relaxation is great. The river and pools are as well manicured (yet natural) as you could imagine. The restaurants are reasonably priced and have top-notch food!

Of course, as many others have pointed out, we were also very impressed by the level of detail that the staff shows throughout your trip. They make a point of having your experience be as perfect as possible. The only imperfection we encountered was that my wife has many food allergies and had to be very careful of the foods she was having as there is clearly no emergency services nearby. This was always well handled with the exception of a packed lunch on one of our day excursions. My wife simply avoided eating her sandwhich and the guide had overheard that she had an allergy to nuts. We figured that was the end of and thought nothing further of it. However, when we got back to the room at the end of the evening, we found an apology note and a bottle of Coppola Rosso. Very unexpected and unnecessary, but goes to show the level of expecation they have.

The day excursions are also a must. The guides were excellent in both their knowledge and their personality. They gave you the space to explore and feel privacy, but were always there to help or to point out something or to answer just about any question you can come up with. The education hey had on their history and ecology was clear. Geronimo was our tourguide for a day excursion and also for bird watching. Highly Recommend any tour you can take with him!

Also, make a lot of time to walk the grounds and to relax. There's a lot to soak in just at the resort.

We often saw the other guests only at dinner in the main restaurants and everyone always seemed enchanted. Many were following on to Turtle Inn. In hindsight, I wish we would have done the combination as well, but I absolutely recommend at least 4 nights in Blancaneaux. I could have easily spent a full week there alone.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We stayed in three hotels in three different parts of Belize on our two week honeymoon but it was Blancaneaux that really stood out. Basically, this was the most ultra-luxe "camping" adventure trip humanly possible. We ate like royalty - course after course of the most ridiculous food (and we are jaded NYers!) in both Montaigne and Guatamaltequa; we were awakened to birds chirping, the rushing waters, and fresh coffee with warm milk delivered to our door; we'd return to our cabana after dinner to find everything cleaned (again!) and lit by candlelight; and we went on spectacular adventures by day (Hiked to Big rock falls, Caving at A.T.M., Mayan Ruins at Caracol, and Mountain Biking to Five Sisters Lodge)!!!!

We got the full meal plan for breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. I'd recommend only getting the plan for dinner. Three course lunch is a LOT of food and the continental breakfast that comes with the room is more than enough delicious pastries and fruit that you really don't need to order off the menu daily.

I doubt that there will never be any place more perfect than Blancaneaux...

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple