We recently stayed at Hidden Valley and loved it. We were on our honeymoon and were looking for a balance between luxury and adventure. Hidden Valley was perfect. We flew into Belize City and rented a vehicle, which we highly recommend. The drive to Hidden Valley took about 2.5 hours and about an hour of it is on a bumpy dirt road. It's located on a private reserve and you have tons of property to explore. There are miles of hikes and bike rides available. The best is a hike that follows a creek feed by a natural spring. The creek is filled with beautiful waterfalls that you can swim in. They offer a private waterfall rental for a day, but we found there were so few people we had every waterfall to ourselves. There are multiple overlooks viewing the jungle and multiple waterfalls that you can drive to (if don't have own vehicle may need a tour) or you can bike with the complementary bikes. Biking's not for the faint of heart though, we had a blast, but the roads are so bumpy and the bikes have no suspension that if you don't have a sense of humor you may not enjoy it.
The Inn had great food, but their dinners resemble a four course meal. We rarely eat at fancy restaurants and by the end of our 4 night stay we were slightly impatient with the formality of dinner. If you're similar to us i'd recommend maybe stopping at a store before you get to the dirt road and purchasing some snacks to mix it up a little. The bartender Tito was wonderful. He made delicious drinks and was so helpful in answering our questions about Belize.
We were also able to easily drive to Caracol to visit the ruins. We did this in our own vehicle and didn't go on a guided trip. This was the one trip we wished we would have done a guided tour because we could visit the ruins, but didn't know very much about the history. Hidden Valley has wonderful guides that give great tours.
We loved our trip and hope all of you will too!!
p.s. remember the bug spray
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Booking.com so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio