This inn has a beautiful network of trails that isn’t really advertised to the public. It was hardly mentioned in our guide book. Hearing that the inn was strict about trespassers, we went with low expectations, not anticipating being allowed on the trails. We ended up speaking with a very nice staff member who charged us $20USD each, I think, gave us a map and a walkie talkie (to be returned after we were done) and suggested some of the more beautiful/scenic parts of the jungle.
We ended up spending the better part of the day there and had a fantastic time. We ate lunch on an overlook to a waterfall (Tiger Creek Falls Lookouts), then continued driving to a section of the trails that feature a few small waterfalls and pools (the Secret Pools, Clear Creek and Cascade trails). We swam, hiked and took pictures, spending several hours on the property and hardly covering a fraction of the total available hiking territory.
There were even some places we wanted to see, but we didn’t have enough time, including the macadamia fields and coffee banana section.
Though $20pp is a bit steep for a hike, this was money and time well spent in the Cayo. We hardly saw anyone else during our time on the trails. It felt very secluded and natural. Bring a lunch, bathing suit, sunscreen and bug spray and make a morning or afternoon out of it. I think as long as you’re polite and respectful, you will be allowed to hike on the trails.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio