This review is a little overdue, but my husband and I visited Hidden Valley for 4 nights February 2011 for our honeymoon, and combined it with 4 nights on Ambergris Caye. The ride in was very bumpy, as the road isn't really paved, would recommend taking the charter flight next time from Belize City, as it's only about 20 minutes. We were there during a large spout of forest fires, so that was a little scary as our room was filled with smoke at night, and the entire property had falling ash on it. HOWEVER, the staff took every extra step to inform us and make us feel comfortable despite the circumstances. We hiked to Butterfly Falls during a rainstorm (way better then in the sunshine), rented the waterfall for a day and they had all of the food ready for us down there, including the champagne of course. We did the Barton Cave Tour and the Caracal ruins tour. My husband was definitely along for the ride on those, but the experiences were amazing! Bring TONS of bug spray, as on those excursions I looked like I had chicken pox afterward. We also did the rio falls trip - that was fabulous as you just got to swim around in all of the pools and play in the waterfalls, and stopped in at The Francis Ford Coppola Lodge (we're big winos so that was a neat experience), for a drink. We brought our own wine from the states for dinner as the selection was a bit limited, however the food was excellent, and the chef very personable! If we ever make our way back to Belize, we will be back to Hidden Valley.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio