My husband and I came to Hidden Valley Inn for a fun vacation with my brother and sister-in-law and our expectations were far exceeded!
Hidden Valley is located in the Mountain Pine Ridge area on a 7000+ acre private reserve, and every square inch is stunningly beautiful (the online photos just don't do any of it justice). There is roughly a three hour car ride from the airport to the resort but with the fantastic and knowledgable guides (and when I say "knowledgable", I mean they know everything about anything to do with Belize as they take their jobs as guides very seriously), it barely feels like 20 minutes.
You are greeted at the resort to hand massages and lemongrass juice, followed by a tour, and then shown to your room where someone has already brought your bags.
The rooms are clean, screened-in for protection from bugs, and beautifully decorated. However, we didn't spend much time in our rooms as we spent most of our time outdoors hiking on one of their many trails, swimming in the waterfalls, doing the yoga class that was offered by the guest instructor, going on a local excursion (horseback riding at the Mountain Equestrian Trails farm, snapping photos as butterflies landed on us at the butterfly farm, cave touring, eating a traditional Mayan lunch with a Mayan family, visiting Caracol, the Mayan ruins, etc.), hanging out at the pool, or eating the delicious food (seriously, we didn't eat one bad meal) that the resort offers. I read another review where someone complained about the cost of the food, but we have steak houses here in Cincinnati that are more expensive and aren't as good as what we ate at Hidden Valley ($70 a day evens out to about $17.50 per meal if you count the "high tea" portion of the day that they offer in the afternoon (tea/on-site-grown-coffee and snacks between lunch and dinner) and in my opinion, that's cheap!). I also received a deep tissue massage one day while there, and it was phenomenal! They have a great list of massages to choose from at their spa, as well as mani/pedis and facials.
The staff treats you like family and does everything they can to make you feel at home. I've gotten good service at hotels and resorts on previous vacations, but the staff at Hidden Valley actually care about whether or not you're comfortable and having a good time and a good stay while there.
This was the best vacation, by far, that we have been on, and we will definitely be returning to Belize to stay at Hidden Valley!! Highly recommend them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio