On our trip to Belize, we combined a stay here with a stay at La Perla del Caribe in Ambergris Caye. The staff at both properties (different ownership, but they consider themselves "partners") were extremely accommodating and capable when it came to arranging transportation back and forth. Misael was particularly helpful in that regard. This turned out to be a great decision, as the two experiences were very different, but equally wonderful, and we feel like we got to see much more of the country that way.
There is a bit more formality to the experience at Hidden Valley, but not in an off-putting way. In fact, our 7 and 9 year old sons felt so welcome and comfortable there, that my oldest is now planning on applying to work there as soon as he turns 16!
As if the staff and wonderful accommodations weren't enough, the property and trail system is the real reason to stay at Hidden Valley. There are endless possibilities for exploration, and the staff will arrange to have you driven and/or picked up anywhere, and even pack you a lunch and provide you with a 2-way radio so you can always contact the office no matter where on the property you are. Swimming at Butterfly Falls was one of the great thrills of my lifetime, no exaggeration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden Valley Inn, a Luxury Life Style Boutique Hotel with only 12 rooms, is located on a 7200 acres private reserve in the Mountain Pine Ridge, Cayo District in Belize. This intimate eco resort offers quality accommodation, fine gourmet food and attentive service in a natural environment. The flora, wildlife and bird watching here are truly unique in the region. Guests staying at this Intimate Luxury Boutique Hotel enjoy exclusive access to over 90 miles of hiking and mountain biking trails as well as many secluded Crystal Pools and Waterfalls set in a tropical rainforest. For those seeking romance, one of the waterfalls may be reserved exclusively for the day.Situated in the Maya mountains, also serves as a convenient base for visiting the various scenic and historical attractions of the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Hidden Valley Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hidden Valley Hotel San Ignacio
- Hidden Valley San Ignacio