“Un-Belizable Place! Definitely coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hidden Valley Inn

Hidden Valley Inn
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canyon Lake, California
“Un-Belizable Place! Definitely coming back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I could not say enough good things about Hidden Valley Inn. First, the property is amazing with the variety of trails, awe inspiring waterfalls and pools, beautiful birds and plants everywhere you turn, cute and cozy cabanas that is just the right mix of comfort and local style, pool and spa were great, just truly spectacular. The staff are all extraordinary! They make you feel welcomed, will make your stay very enjoyable, and try to make sure all your needs are met at all times. The food surprised me. I wasn't expecting much seeing it was located in the middle of the forest, but every meal I had was delicious, fresh, and unique. Hats off to the chef. This is truly a hidden gem, I almost feel like not writing such a good review to keep this place a secret :) but it deserves all the accolades I have given it.

Room Tip: If you have a family, chose suite 7 and 8, they have a large screened patio with four hammocks, grea...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rodolfo C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
bend
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

My husband is an avid bird photographer which is why we chose to come to Hidden Valley. He was not disappointed! Highlight for him was photographing a pair of Orange-breasted Falcons. They were just two of the 71 different species that he photographed during our stay. He had Fredy was his guide and he was invaluable..the best he has ever had! For me the highlight was the champagne lunch at the secret pool and just relaxing by the pool at the Inn. The other excursion I would highly recommend is the trip to Caracol. The stay was made even more wonderful because of the efforts made by all the staff to accommodate us with anything we needed. I am on a gluten free diet and the servers and chef made sure I always had choices plus the chef made me a special dessert every night. As a side note, I made all the arrangements myself and Miguel was extremely helpful and patient with all my questions. He had to arrange several charters for us and there were no problems with any of them. I HIGHLY recommend Hidden Valley Inn as a place to relax, or not, and be pampered by the staff.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jody j
Usk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

It's a beautiful resort with outstanding flora and birds. Visited butterfly falls and saw amazing blue butterflies and took an invigorating swim which was well worth it. We also did the cave canoe which was spectacular and our driver took us through an Amish village on the way back.
The staff are all wonderful and nothing is too much trouble, they go out of their way to make your stay as easy and carefree as possible.
Only one minor problem on check out, we were charge for breakfasts which we had already paid for in advance as part of our. Booking. This was quickly resolved and managed, but worth checking your bill well.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Janclem2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I came here for part of our honeymoon and stayed in one of the two suites March 2-6. This resort was perfect for us because it was the perfect mixture of peace and tranquility mixed in with adventure (ie tours). Our suite could be connected to the adjoining suite to make it one giant living area (2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, etc). Luckily, the couple next to us left the second day that we were there. I highly recommend the suite because you get a wonderfully comfortable hammock that hangs in a screened porch that looks out at the trees and birds. There is also a large tub that can fit two people and an outdoor shower that looks like a waterfall. I loved the tub! The suite is also towards the back, so there is no foot traffic in and around it. We had daily maid service as well as nightly turn down service.

The staff were extremely courteous and polite and always referred to us as "Mr. Such and Such" or "Mrs. Such and Such." HVI also has high tea, which was fabulous because I am a tea drinker! The food was phenomenal, especially breakfast (they juice just about every fruit)! When you sit down at a table to eat, your "waitress" brings you a menu and ALWAYS says "excuse me" whenever she hands you anything or removes anything from the table.

We toured Caracol and Barton Creek Caves and our tour guides were excellent. They were engaging, knowledgeable, and friendly. I highly recommend going on the tours that HVI offers because it allows you to learn more about Belize by learning about their culture and seeing their landscape as you drive past it.

We also rented our own private waterfall for the afternoon. If you are honeymooners or a couple, do it and you will not regret it. You can either do the 2 hour hike out to the falls or get taken their in a truck. We hiked out, which made the cool dip feel so refreshing when we finally got there. HVI staff set up a picnic with champagne and you can stay down there as long as you like because they give you a walky talky to use to call for a ride on. There is also a hammock at the falls and we took a nap in it.

The only negatives were the no see um flies and hot tub. You can't see those flies so we had to stay bathed in bug spray. The hot tub was not working too, so that was a disappointment. But overall, if you're looking for a good mixture of relaxation/ adventure...go to HVI! We would do it all over again in a minute.

Room Tip: If you enjoy being outside and the outdoors, then splurge on a suite. You'll have a beautiful s...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We spent four wonderful nights at this property, set in the middle of the Pine Ridge preservation area. The rooms are good, the food good & the staff so attentive, caring and friendly. It was like being a special guest in someone's home. There are 90 mile of trails to walk or drive & excellent guides for wildlife watching. You are given a two way radio when you go out on a trek so feel utterly safe in spite of the very remote situation of the Inn. All the tracks are well marked, so it would be difficult to get lost. There is a swimming pool on site. The gardens are wonderful & full of birds to watch. It really is a little piece of heaven in a wonderful country.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank graham_hyland2
Pasadena, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

As a Belizean living abroad it is always a pleasure to go home and enjoy the amazing beauty Belize has to offer. We spent three days at this resort, I was in love with the cottages and all the luxury to be had in the middle of the pine ridge. Our staff was wonderful and all the service we received was above and beyond. Hiking the falls was awesome, but just sitting in a hammock on our porch was equally as relaxing. Lets not forget the outdoor shower, and stars that shine so bright you want to just keep looking up all night. Thanks to Misael at the front desk and Andy our waiter for your amazing service. If you really want to enjoy Belize and a wonderful inn own and operated by Belizeans I suggest you try Hidden Valley Inn.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CatalinaH4407
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights/days in January 2014 and I must say that I was thoroughly satisfied with every aspect of the resort. Fabulous cottages right up to the outdoor waterfall shower. Total luxury. Clean rooms. Outstanding food. Excellent service. Very polite staff who went above and beyond the call of duty to help us in any way. Loved it! Special kudos to Mihael who even emailed home to let them know I was okay when my hotmail account would not let me access the Internet.

Room Tip: Go for the additional expense and get the one with it all! Cottage #8.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
#4 of 14 in San Ignacio
Mariposa Jungle Lodge
Mariposa Jungle Lodge
#1 of 1 in San Antonio

Been to Hidden Valley Inn? Share your experiences!