“Good for the price”

Americas Best Value Inn - Bonham
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bonham
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I was at Bonham for 5 nights due to some business work I needed to do at the VA hospital. I paid $40 a night due to their special they were having. I was really surprised, this is the best hotel in Bonham period. The room was neat and clean when I first arrived. They had an LCD tv and their wireless internet was pretty fast. Their bed was decent, I really didn't like their pillows because they were a little too soft. Luckily I had brought my own pillows from home. They do serve a complementary cold breakfast that consists of bagels, doughnuts, cereal and coffee. Staff was pretty friendly, I had a few complaints about the refrigerator not working and they looked at it within a few hours.

For $40 a night, I had no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank aznragedragon
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn - Bonham

Reviewed 19 June 2011

This hotel was recommended by two workers in the county courthouse as I was passing through Bonham. It is just south of town, off the state highway and very quiet. The grounds were neat and well-kept. I believe it was formerly a LaQuinta. I ended up staying here twice, outgoing and back from a trip and had two slightly different experiences. My first night, I was greeted, after a short wait, by a gentleman [Manager?] who was efficient, but not Texas friendly. All the singles were booked, but he gave me a double for single price. The room was large and clean and had frig, microwave, coffee maker, and good sized new TV with lots of channels. Wireless internet is available and fast. The bed was very comfortable, but had firm foam pillows. The bathroom was OK but lacked a bit in cleaning with dust bunnies in the exhaust fan and fingerprints on the edge of the shower surround. The bedside light didn't work, as the switch was broken and you had to plug it in to turn it on. I was also disappointed that the coffee maker did not work. On my second visit, I was greeted first by a family member who evidently was new to the country and tried to help, but we waited until another gentleman came in to check me in. This room was very similar, being a double room, but everything worked well and the bathroom was cleaner. So, the price of $50-60 was reasonable and I had a good, quiet nights' rest. I would stay here again if stopping in Bonham.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank texasrepublichistory
Reviewed 7 August 2009

The staff was courteous and friendly. When I first entered the room, it smelled musty, I think from the air conditioner. The bed was comfy and there was a fridge, microwave, and coffee machine; they all came in handy. The cleanliness of the room was average. The quality of the shampoo and body lotion took me by surprise, they were better than I expected. Not the Taj Mahal, but if you need a place to lay your head for a night it's okay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank calledout
abvibonham, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Bonham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, I hope that you come visit us again.

Bob

Reviewed 24 November 2008

The many experiences I have had with your establishment have been less than enjoyable to say the least. I stay at your facility at least three times a month and its the same old routine every time.

The expectation to be courteous and to say "Thank You" every once in a while would be nice!!

The probability of another motel coming to town is very slim but I can assure you that I am doing all I can to change that!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank angusfcl
Reviewed 9 November 2008

the rooms very clean, employees very friendly, quiet and no one bothered you. breakfast good have been a little better. i prefer muffins and bacan other than that very good.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank magees
Reviewed 23 May 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night only. The room smelled horrible, old ciggerette smoke. The tub was stained and smelled like mildew. We normally are not that picky, but this place was a dump. We booked our next two nights in Sherman, thirty miles away at a clean Hampton Inn. Go somewhere else, you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
4  Thank golfbear
Reviewed 18 January 2007

I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and walking on the carpet sock-footed. My socks were filthy. I learned about the bed and breakfast in Bonham and have found a wonderful place to stay now.

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank hoho1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonham
#2 of 3 in Sherman
Granny Lou's B&B
Granny Lou's B&B
#2 of 2 in Bonham

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bonham? Share your experiences!