“loved the atmosphere”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Bonham
tx
“loved the atmosphere”
Reviewed 9 November 2008

the rooms very clean, employees very friendly, quiet and no one bothered you. breakfast good have been a little better. i prefer muffins and bacan other than that very good.

• Liked — close to where i had to go
  • Disliked — could have been better breakfast
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank magees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Marysville California
Reviewed 23 May 2007

My husband and I stayed here for one night only. The room smelled horrible, old ciggerette smoke. The tub was stained and smelled like mildew. We normally are not that picky, but this place was a dump. We booked our next two nights in Sherman, thirty miles away at a clean Hampton Inn. Go somewhere else, you will be glad you did.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was filthy.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4 Thank golfbear

Travellers are raving about these Bonham hotels

allen
Reviewed 18 January 2007

I made the mistake of taking off my shoes and walking on the carpet sock-footed. My socks were filthy. I learned about the bed and breakfast in Bonham and have found a wonderful place to stay now.

Stayed January 2007
3 Thank hoho1
Reviewed 16 March 2006

I have stayed at 5 Star Inn in Bonham TX a number of times. I love it for its quietness and excellent location for dining, going to the movies or the nearby lake. I have found the rooms to be very clean, the furniture in excellent shape and the staff very helpful. On one occassion I had paid for two days and had to leave after the first day due to a family emergency at home. They cheerfully refunded my money for the second day without my even asking for it. I am in a wheelchair and everyone on staff was very helpful in assisting me with doors, breakfast bar, etc. They placed me in a room suitable for my needs due to my handicap. This last time I was there they didn't have a room near the ice machine. So someone on staff came by my room two or three times a day to see if I needed my ice bucket refilled. I have never had this common courtesy anywhere other than the small town of Bonham.

• Stayed February 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 20 September 2005

The 5-Star Inn is a dump, but it is the only motel in Bonham, Texas other than two "no tell" motels that rent rooms by the hour. In a prior life the 5-Star was a Days Inn, but apparently couldn't maintain that chains moderate standards. Rooms stinked of old cigarettes. Beds were broken. Furniture had burn marks. Tub backed up. Got some bed bug bites. Have stayed in cleaner fraternity houses. The sub-continent Indian management was indifferent at best. On a positive note, the ice machine worked great. Giving the 5-Star Inn a single star is more generous than it deserves. Check out the two cute Bed and Breakfast in town instead.

• Stayed September 2005, travelled on business
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 6 February 2005

We travel all over the country with our dogs. The 5 Star Inn in Bonham, Texas, is one of our favorite places to stay. The large comfortable rooms are located well away from the road, so they are quiet. There is a large field where you can walk. We appreciate having a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffee pot in our room, and my husband loves the breakfast bar. The 5 Star staff do everything possible to make our stay comfortable. We look forward to returning again this spring.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bonham
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Bonham
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman
Granny Lou's B&B
Granny Lou's B&B
#1 of 2 in Bonham

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Bonham? Share your experiences!