“Sisters getaway”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Brenham
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Brenham
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My sister (from Florida) and I were on a little sisters getaway and booked a room in Brenham at your hotel. It is a lovely hotel, in a good location, close to local attractions and the daytime clerk was very friendly and professional (nighttime clerk did not seem happy to be be there). Your rooms were large and comfortable. The only complaint I have about this hotel was the indoor pool. My sister and I were excited about having an indoor pool because we are both very fair complected people and the thought of being out in the hot Texas sun even in the evening was not too appealing. We were looking forward to relaxing by the pool after dinner. On our way to our room to change into our suits, we stopped by the pool to give it a look and as we walked in we were met with hot, steamy air. We thought it might be because the hot tub was close to the door so we walked in further and it was no better. I bent down and stuck my hand in the pool and I felt like my hand was in the bathtub. The water temperature in the pool was probably 90+ degrees. It was so uncomfortable we could not catch a good breathe. We had to immediately leave just so we could breathe. How unfortunate that such a nice hotel was unable to offer a nice relaxing swim after dinner. My sister has a pool at home and said it is extremely unhealthy to have such high temps in a pool because the chemicals cannot do their job in that condition. We are planning another trip next spring during bluebonnet season, hopefully you will resolve this problem and we can book our trip at your hotel. We will ask the front desk clerk prior to booking about the conditions of the pool.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Brenham

Reviewed 27 June 2012

Our recent stay at the Brenham property was in general alright. We have been staying at La Quinta properties all over the United States in the last couple of years. The Brenham property receives high marks for quality of the location based on appearance of property and room. The appointments in the room were very nice.

However,the property had the worst breakfast buffet of any La Quinta or any other chain hotel were we have stayed. We were staying at this property to do an Antique Show in Round Top, Texas . The breakfast was not adequate to supply the needed energy to do the set up and show. We normally find the breakfast at La Quinta properties to be very fulfilling and provide the needs of normal nutrition for the start of the day. We were required at this property to seek breakfast service from other food service alternatives.

We do four shows per year in Round Top and were hoping that this location would be were we would stay. The breakfast service has shown that we need to seek another locations. We have already discussed this with other people who stay in Brenham for these shows. We are strongly recommending that they look for accommodations other than La Quinta.

A dissatisfied customer.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 February 2012

This was my second stay here but this was just disgusting. The maids did not clean the room at all which we were told they would. We were moved to another room and before even entering the room there was food smeared across the door, then when entering the room there was dried urine under the toilet, and the door to the refrigerator wouldn't close. This hotel charge more than others in Brenham but still has is a low quality stay. The cleaning crew also had their kids running and playing in the breakfast area. The front desk clerk was very nice but I expected and Inn experience but got a motel stay. I wish I had remembered to take a photo. Pictures speak louder then words.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank D N
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Talk about a horrible stay! First of all the front desk man was extremely rude. My room was dirty, and i had to wait 20 mins for him to decide where he was going to put me, then I never got my discount! Will NEVER stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jennifer W
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Drove to Austin for a taping of Austin City limits from Houston and tried to make it back home.We were too tired and only made it to Brenham.We didn't have reservations and happened to see La Quinta as we stopped at a Denny's which is literally next door.Checked in around !:00 A.M.The man at the front desk was pleasant,helpful and efficient.I asked if it was possible to sleep in and he immediately extended our check out time one hour ! The entire front of the hotel as well as the parking lot was very well lit.The free breakfast was wonderful everything was fresh and muliple items to choose from fresh fruit to waffles.The room was very clean and th A/C worked well and not too noisy.I loved my stay and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay.One complaint we would like to see separate hair conditioner and shampoo bottles and more than one please !!

Room Tip: First flooor has a pool and a workout room next to the breakfast area you might request a room away...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Newer hotel. Kept up nicely. Nice big rooms with Euro styling. Walking distance to a few restaurants. Driving distance to downtown. Great hotel with great value.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends