“Glad we went”

Brenham Grill
Ranked #12 of 75 Restaurants in Brenham
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Met friends on Sat. Night during a downtown festival, Hot Nights Cool Tunes. Had a bit of a wait but there were 6 of us and they are small. No worries, once we were seated, things ran smoothly, food was good and the fresh bread with oil/herbs was amazing, we asked for more.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

We happen into the Grill more or less accidentally while visiting the area for other reasons. Given the size of the group my expectations for a fine dining experience were not high. That said, I believe everyone was happy enough with the service, the staff, the menu, and so forth. We arrived shortly before noon and we were back out the door, happily full, by 1:30. The staff delivered all the salads and main courses within about 5 minutes of first to last, no small feat for a small kitchen and small staff when there are 22 in the group. Not a single complaint was heard by me, but I did hear several people say they planned to visit the Grill again. Several commented that this or that was the best they had ever eaten (I didn't pay enough attention as to what they were referring to). I think there were 13 separate bill for the group, the waiter handle it all with aplomb and in short order. By the way, while we are neither gourmet diners nor world travelers, I have eaten in 78 countries and 49 states in everything from roach coaches to 5 star restaurants so I do have some good points of comparison. I would recommend the Grill to anyone looking for a casual lunch in an interesting building with period elements all over the place. We are planning to go back with guests next week.

1  Thank outtahere2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were staying at the Ant Street Inn and had reservations for a show at the Unity Theater. Due to unexpected emergencies at home, we got away later than we had hoped. Because we were running behind, we deided to give the Brenham Grill a try since it was conveniently located right off of the lobby of the inn. We explained our situatoin to our waitress and she and the staff graciously made sure that we were served in time to make it to the show.The menu offered a nice variety of choices. We both ordered the chicken enchiladas and both of us thought that they were very good. We enjoyed the quiet atmosphere of the restaurant and loved looking at all of the beaautiful stained glass. I whish we could have lingered longer over or wine and dinner.
The Ant Street Inn breakfast is served in the Brenham Grill and guests are free to select any item from the breakfast menu. We were quite pleased to with variety of selections. Breakfast was also very good. We will definitely be back.
I read one review that warned against the bathroom. I found it to be clean and very nice.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

we went for breakfast on a Sunday morning. got there at 10:35 & they said breakfast stopped at 10:30, but they could still serve us breakfast if we hurried & ordered....my son got pancakes & scrambled eggs, daughter got fruit, & my boyfriend & i each got the sunshine plate or something like that...it consisted of a piece of toast, 2 eggs, & potatoes. all the food was GREAT. not a bite was left. we tried our son's pancakes also & they were wonderful. the fruit was fresh & good. only drawback was that i love biscuits & gravy with breakfast, but they didn't have them. i still would've given them a 5 rating if the staff would have been a little more friendly & attentive. but overall, it was very good. i would definitely recommend it & return.

1  Thank Diana F
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Their mexican food options were great. The margaritas not so much. Breakfasts were excellent, and made to order.