“Very smelly hotel!”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Brenham
Reviewed 8 October 2013

This entire hotel had a very bad smell. It is suppose to be a smoke free hotel but it smelled like smoke everywhere and another smell I can't explain. Gross! The room was spacious and somewhat clean but I could not get past the smell! Breakfast was ok. The price of the room was OUTRAGEOUS but I think it was because there was a big Antique Show going on that weekend. Definitely will not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Candi P
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at this hotel last month and awoke to bed bugs all over my bed. I had never seen or experienced these bugs before, but research and a trip to the doctors confirmed the bed bug infestation. The hotel was nice enough to accommodate another room for my stay and a refund for my troubles, but the pain and discomfort of the bed bug bites I went through was not worth it. Ironically, the second room they moved me to had a huge, live cockroach in the bathtub. However, I did not see any bed bugs after my thorough investigation of the bed and area in the other room. The internet connection was not that good, either.

Room Tip: Bed bugs found in a first floor room. Internet connection got worse when I was moved to a third flo...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank owltraveler123
Reviewed 5 August 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip and was not impressed that my company booked rooms at this hotel. The entire hotel has a bad smell, some areas are worse than others (such as the hallway near the pool and the bathrooms near the lobby). I stayed on the second floor. When I entered my room a horrible smell would hit me - it was either coming from the bathroom or the mini fridge (which are right across from each othe). The rest of the room smelled fine but that smell right when you walk in the room is horrible! I could not even figure out where exactly it was coming from or what it was or what was causing it. I had to buy air freshener to be able to combat that smell!
The beds/pillows were comfy and clean. The room was ok, definitely an older hotel. Bathroom was ok as far cleanliness but appeared a little worn. Rust stains noted to areas in the bath tub.
Would not stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Wrangler_fun
Reviewed 31 July 2013

The Location is good. That is all. Odd smell in the room. Staff really not all that interested in having to work. The place was just kinda unwelcoming and run down. The pool area was damp dank and humid in a clammy kinda way. walking distance to a bunch of good restaurants. I was really very disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2013

They claim to be pet friendly, but surprise; you can't leave your pet in room unattended. Not on a lease, not in a kennel. If you want to go to dinner or anything, you can't leave pets in the room. That is NOT pet friendly. But, you also get told different stories each time you call. My first call with Penny, I was told emphatically NO, I couldn't leave my dogs in the room, but my in-laws were told they could, but if dog barks, they must come back & remove it. I called back & spoke to a man & he said I could leave dogs for about an hour, but no longer than that. Oh, and then when dogs do bark, don't worry about it. I asked what if they couldn't reach the people if dog barks when they try to call. Penny said the just keep trying to call. So maybe there are pet friendly after all! I'm so confused. Just don't risk it...go down the street a block or two the newer & much cleaner LaQuinta. This Comfort Suites had cockroaches & other bugs too. Was sitting in another guests rooms & saw bugs crawling on the couch & a dead cockroach in bathroom. The chairs in the dining area are so grossly dirty it makes you not want to eat the free breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Even if staff are friendly not a good reason to stay in dirty room. Needed room at last minute due to storm with hail, flooding, etc & usually Comfort Suites is decent choice. The room appeared clean had seal on toilet, fresh towels, bed made, etc First noticed toilet not clean and hairs in bath tub! Bed sheets not changed. Hair & makeup, etc on sheets & pillowcases. Asked but another room not available & no housekeeper. Due to weather asked for clean sheets & changed them ourselves. Friendly desk person provided upon request cleaner to disinfect bathroom. TV not working. Bed comfortable & no noise problems. Furniture soiled & dirty. Not interested in breakfast noticed at checkout dining area smallest I've ever seen. Rate high so even with discount spent too much for this particular Comfort Suites.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Perhaps our room was not as good as we desired because we had a hard time getting accommodations. We had three people in our party and were only able to get one king bed with a pull out. There were no linens for the pull out and we had to make a trip to request them. The worst problem was a Texas sized roach who was almost dead in the shower when we entered the room. I complained about the bug to the manager. He said the reason it was there was because the exterminator had been there that day. I noticed several large roaches around the outside of the building as well. They were about two inches long and ugly. It would be good if they could eliminate these nuisances before they reach that size!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends