“Nothing to write home about.”
Review of Dairy Bar

Dairy Bar
Ranked #16 of 70 Restaurants in Brenham
Cuisines: American
Chappell Hill, Texas
“Nothing to write home about.”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

After reading and hearing from the local folks about how wonderful the hamburgers were at the "Dairy Bar" we decided to try this place to see if it lived up to the reputation.
Yes this place is just like an ole Dairy Queen - nothing fancy. We both ordered the hamburgers and we were displeased with the sandwich. The bun was cold and quite large, the hamburger got lost in the bun. There was nothing spectacular about this place and their food. There are other hamburger places in Brenham that are far superior to the "Dairy Bar" - just look at the other listings in Trip Advisor.

• Visited February 2014

Warsaw, Poland
“Good food nothing pretentious”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I eat here every time I crave a burger. They make them on order, they are like really amazing home made burgers. Nothing fancy, just basic burgers but absolutely delish! The meat is juicy and tender but not undercooked. And their fried shrimp is to die for. The helping in the basket is really generous and again it is crisp without being very greasy. And above all the place has really reasonable prices so even after a filling meal you won’t feel pinched. Definitely recommended!

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Tasty Burgers!”
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Last week, I decided to try out Dairy Bar as two of my friends had recommended this restaurant to me. I have heard from them that these guys make great burgers and wanted to try it out myself. It was highly refreshing to have such good burger, definitely better than most of the burgers I had before. A great combination of meat, sauce and seasoning, everything seemed to be perfect! The fries were also good and on the whole it was a great dining experience.

• Visited September 2013
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Best burger place in the area”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Thanks to good TA reviews, I stopped at Dairy Bar while passing through Brenham. The place looked like a DQ knockoff from the 60's, but the parking lot was full. I ordered a double meat cheeseburger in case the patty was thin, but that was not necessary because I was handed a burger weighing nearly a pound, with 2 thick, hot, handmade patties, melted cheese and plenty of fixings, an overall excellent burger at a great price, $5.09 tax included. I didn't get fries $1.79, but the portions I saw looked large. Because the place was packed I shared a table with a local truck driver who assured me I had found the best burger place in the area. If I lived in the area, I would be a regular.

• Visited October 2013
“Burger from the past...”
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

Old fashioned burger like I used to eat at a local burger joint as a kid. Real hand pressed patties, soft bun and juicy. Fries were frozen but plentiful. Clean place. Friendly service

• Visited October 2013