“Way below my expectations.”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brenham
Nueces Canyon Ranch
Weatherford, Tx
“Way below my expectations.”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

My disappointment began when I opened the door to the room. The smoke detector was beeping because it needed a new battery. I called and had it replaced. I was just about to doze off and it began beeping again constantly and loudly. We removed the battery so we could sleep. There was mold on the shower curtain. The toilet was dirty and you were not supposed to put paper in the toilet because they are on septic. I requested an iron and was told to go to the "Hospitality Suite" to get one, but couldn't be provided an ironing board. Try ironing a shirt without one!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NancyWeatherford_Tx

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
dallas
Reviewed 11 September 2006

They advertise on their website that they have are a working horse and cattle ranch with flowing rivers, stocked lakes with gazeebo's and paddle boats, a full service restaurant, and walking trails. I think they say they have over 100 acres.

The woman who owns the property however has sold off most of it and so we were very dissapointed to find that none of the above was available.

The rooms in the guest house are average at best, very musty and seemed un-used.
We could not find anyone who worked there to inquire about the location of the facilities. Fortunately the only other quests there managed to locate the owner by phone and found out that everything had been sold off.
There was a horse arena, but few horses and no shows as promised. We really were excited about taking the girls to a working cutting horse ranch and letting them see the demos and walk the trails....needless to say we were dissapointed.
[-]

• Liked — not much really
  • Disliked — felt I was highly mislead
  • Tips/Secrets — confirm the ammenities before coming
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
3 Thank ttom

Travellers are raving about these Brenham hotels