“Best in area”

Best Western Inn of Brenham
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Brenham
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Moved out from another reservation in the area. What a Great Choice we made. Friendly staff at the front desk and in the breakfast area. Water and fresh fruit in the lobby. Rooms are clean and the housekeeping staff is working very hard. The hotel was full and busy but you felt comfortable at this Best Western. The change saved 42% over other reservation.

Room Tip: Lower floor is best if you have things to carry into your room. No elevator.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn of Brenham, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, mas4467. We're so glad you chose to give our hotel a shot and hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

We visited other motels in this quaint and lovely byway, but the lack of caring about upkeep is beginning to show. In contrast, the Best Western just Southeast of town was a relief to find. The reception was first class as was the room. This best western shows that it is proud to be in the hotel business. James was our manager and he made our stay special by his polite help and courtesy. We are glad to have found this respite in the storm..

Room Tip: Trust James to show you the best he has availabe.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn of Brenham, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

We're so glad you enjoyed your stay, nolejos. Thank you for the kind words. We love our jobs and sincerely appreciate our guests!

Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stay here twice a year for the Roundtop Antique Show. Staff is always spot on with our reservations and greets us with a smile. They are like family to us now. Always clean, suprisingly quiet at night, and good breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for another kind review, Mustang2012! We really appreciate your loyal business. Be sure to check out the Washington County Chamber of Commerce website for some great Brenham vacation ideas, or give us a call anytime.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

The pool was clean and a good size. The free breakfast hot bacon and boiled eggs and toast and cereal and drinks. Rooms were clean. Good mexican restaurant just a little up the road "Los Fuentes" that had great chips and salsa, free queso at lunch and yummy food.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn of Brenham, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, vbrlove. We are glad you took advantage of the complimentary hot breakfast we offer daily. Anytime you find yourself in Brenham, we'd love to have you! Enjoy your day.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

I checked into this hotel in mid-November and was absolutely shocked at the rudeness of the desk attendant. I had reserved two rooms for our stay, only to find out that they were on two different floors. I tried to ask about it, but the elderly man checking me in kept interrupting me. I never finished a complete sentence during the entire check-in procedure. I am not an assertive person and I never raised my voice or responded in a harsh manner. His response regarding our room situation was basically, "That's what you get when you book online through another company". We got in our car to drive around to the room and the two teenagers with me asked, "Why was that guy so rude?"
We got to our nonsmoking rooms and found that one of them smelled heavily of smoke. The elderly man came in, sprayed Lysol on the air conditioner and literally RAN out of the room, tripping over our luggage.
I then tried to settle in my room and connect to wifi. The instructions in the room said that I had to go to the front desk and get a cord. So, I got dressed, went to the front desk for the cord only to be told that all I needed was a password. Could you not give me the password when I checked in???
The breakfast was good, but we just wanted to leave as soon as possible. I still don't understand why this employee was so rude.

Room Tip: The location is impacted by highway construction.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
bwmbrenham, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Inn of Brenham, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

I am shocked and sincerely sorry about your negative experience, mtnquilt. I assure you the general manager has addressed the offensive behavior. Please allow me to apologize and to guarantee you that this is NOT how we at Best Western in Brenham treat our guests. Our goal is to make our guests feel welcomed and valued, and I cannot apologize enough that that's not how we made you and your family feel. You and your family are important to us. The rooms have recently been refurbished and the carpets have been thoroughly cleaned at least twice since your last visit. The highway construction is now further west and so it's much quieter at our hotel, as well. We have made steps to improving our breakfast and our Wi-Fi has been recently upgraded. I hope that should you find yourself in Brenham again, you would be willing to give us another try. Please accept my humble apology.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

My wife and I and another couple stayed here for a get-a-way around the Brenham/Roundtop area. We booked thru Priceline and were a little nervous with our selection due to the outside access doors and some of the Best Westerns we'd stayed in before being a little outdated. However, this hotel more than exceeded our expectations. The staff was super friendly and helpful even moving our rooms around so we could be closer together. The rooms were immaculate and the facilities updated and very comfortable. We'd stayed in a nearly identical room at the Spring Hill the night before and paid double the price. It is also not right in the middle of the dining/shopping area which makes for quieter, less hectic surroundings, but everything is extremely close-by and accessible. We would stay again without a doubt!

Room Tip: You might want to book a room on the back side of the facility or behind the lobby complex as those...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Josh L

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, Josh L. I'm so glad you were pleasantly surprised at our facility and staff. We hope you are able to visit Brenham and our hotel in the future. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I use to stay here when I was a route driver.
The staff were very friendly.
The rooms were always nice size and clean.
The swimming pool was always clean,really like the jacuzzi.I use to call a head of time,to have someone to turn the heat on the jacuzzi for me .
When I use to stay there you could receive a free breakfast at the Red Room restaurant next door to Best Western,but I think they have their own buffet now.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time to get a room around back or the motel.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank nazirites

Thank you for your kind review, nazirites. Just to give you a heads-up, we have recently converted our jacuzzi to a relaxing rock fountain, but I think that you'd enjoy the peaceful sound of the water splashing lightly into the pool. We do offer a complete hot breakfast in the hotel breakfast room now, but the Red Room is also open for breakfast and lunch. We look forward to being able to serve you in the future. Have a great day.