“Craprock Inn” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn

BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn
Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Brownfield
Brownfield, United States
“Craprock Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

This hotel is disgusting. Rooms are old and iin bad need of updating. TV buzzed, Windows are so old you cant sleep due to noise. Breakfast was empty, parking lot sketchy and poorly lit. Do not go here! There is a beautiful new Holiday Inn across the street. The pic on internet for this hotel are not accurate!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Tony D
Nisha P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. However, the hotel is well kept up with guest needs but in your case failed to do so.In the future, if you come back, please let us know during your stay so we can correct any thing neccssary.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
AUSTIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

A very nice motel in Brownfield, Texas managed by Best Western. Beds were very comfy; breakfast had nice, full range of options. Staff friendly. We did not expect this level of service and accommodations in a small West Texas town.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nisha P, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
We appreicate your stay with us and thank you for enjoying our hospitality in Brownfield.
San Angelo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

Lubbock on football weekends is pricey, and two night stays are demanded. Just a short distance from Lubbock, in Brownfield, you can find excellent accommodations and not so many restrictions. The price is right too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you staying with us, we look forward in sreving you agian with same high quailty.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I have stayed in many Best Westerns and have never experienced anything like I did on 10-14-13. At about 8:00pm, after driving from El Paso, we decided not to drive on to Lubbock. We did not have a reservation. After a 10 minute wait for the persons in front of us to be checked in "due to a slow computer," I was told a room was available for $111. I thought that was high but we were tired and hungry. I gave the clerk my driver's license and credit card as she requested. She proceeded to "computer scan" my driver's license for my information. I have never experienced or heard of this in any hotel I have ever stayed worldwide. Her computer gave her incorrect information from the license, so she scanned it again. Again incorrect information only different. Now she had me booked for two rooms. She could not clear the computer because it was "frozen."

So she called her "boss" who told her what to do to void the computer. Her boss told her the reason for the computer snafu was because of my birthdate (1944). The computer would not recognize the scan because I was too old. The clerk then started entering my information by hand. The computer again would not take the information. Another phone call. She was told to enter the date of 10-14-13 for my birthdate and everything would work.

Thirty minutes had expired since I entered the lobby. At this point, I could have been in Lubbock. I obtained my license and credit card and left.

I immediately pulled across the street, parked, and called a Best Western in Lubbock, made a reservation giving my credit card information and drove to Lubbock. There they verified my card number I had given on the phone, looked at my license to see I was the same as on the credit card, and I went to my room paying substantially less for the room.

My advice is: if you pull into the parking lot of the Best Western Brownfield, quickly do a U turn and exit as fast as you can. Something is extremely wrong at this place. David G's review is right. Best Western needs to investigate this place.
David E

Room Tip: Go across the street or drive on to Lubbock.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DavidEllis1
Nisha P, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Mr DavidEllis we would like to apologise to you about the checking in system. This hotel has drivers licience scanner simply for the guest address information and to speed up the check-in.However, in your case the system we use only goes to a certain birth age year and anyone below that year it gets confussed and rejects the scan. We have a good hotel and are sorry you had to drive into Lubbock.
Kerrville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

See review below by Ernestine B on 2/26/13. I had made a reservation on the Best Western website. When I got there, the clerk (Jessica) "couldn't find my reservation in the system" and started to try to book me in at the rack rate. After I showed a printed confirmation email, she played dumb and called her boss at home. Then she called their web support. When I told her I would go across the street to Holiday Inn Express and pay THEIR rack rate before I'd be rolled, my reservation miraculously appeared on her screen. Best Western needs to investigate this franchise.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David G
Nisha P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Sir we are truley sorry for your booking error,this being due to internet issues. However, we had your reservation sent on the back up machine but the new employee was not aware of it but is now.
San Angelo, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The key to the quality of this hotel is the property owner. She sees to it that everything is in order, and mandates that it be well run. I've never had anything but first rate service from this hotel overall.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Nisha P, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
Thank you very much Mr Wilson, we look forward to seeing you every year.
Wells, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2013

Great front desk staff, manager was concerned about the quality of our stay, breakfast came with the room and was excellent. Beds and rooms were clean and so comfortable. Worth every penny. There was even a local bar opposite our room and people were very friendly and welcoming, great for a winding down after being on the road all day. Loved this place.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nisha P, Manager at BEST WESTERN Caprock Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2013
The pleasure was all ours,we enjoyed looking after you and the family members and hope you had a safe trip to your next destination. We look forward to seeing you all again.