“Very large room size”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
San Antonio, Texas
“Very large room size”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We were in Brownwood for a funeral and had two rooms at the Holiday Inn Express. There were 6 other family members who also stayed here. Each room was a king suite for $109/night. Room was very large, with a small separation between the bed and the sitting area. The entry had a closet with iron and board on one side and the bathroom on the other. Bath includes dryer and magnifying mirror, good towels, tissues, soaps, lotion, shampoo, and conditioner.

Also included in the entry area was a long counter with a small sink, the coffee setups, a microwave with a recessed light about which made a good nightlight, and lots of storage under the countertop.

The sitting area included a queen sofabed, coffee table, large comfortable chair, and a desk with office chair and easily accessible plugs for my computer. At check in I was given the ID and password so that I did not have to call the desk later. Much appreciated. The lighting was good.

The bed was a very comfortable king with two side tables, good reading lights on each side, a large flat screen with lots of channels and an up to date channel number guide, another chest with lots of storage, the heat/AC unit which could be personally controlled, window with blackout curtains (although a little light came through side, so I used my old clothes pin trick) and, the bed linens were excellent, and included four pillows. The closet included all the bedding for the queen sofa, meaning that if you were needing to use that, you did not have to wait for housekeeping to bring the linens.

Breakfast was scrambled eggs, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, bagels, toast, three cereal choices, packets of instant oatmeal, biscuits, yogurt, milk, sweet rolls, apples, jams and jellies, and pretty good coffee plus setups for tea. And if you do not like the packaged creamers, they actually had half and half in a container. Considering the size and cost of the room, we thought the included breakfast was a pretty good deal.

The staff was excellent and allowed one room on each floor to check out late so that all the family had a place to store bags and change clothes after the funeral. I recommend this motel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ann R
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Thank you for taking your time to come and post such a detailed review here on Tripadvisor. I want to say that we are always glad to be able to help in any way we can at our property. While we can't always work in a late check-out, I am thrilled we were able to work with everyone enough to manage the situation.

We appreciate these candid, detailed reviews more than you can know, so again... Thank you!

HIEXP Brownwood

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

This is a truly fine property. Everything from the size and quality of the room to the friendliness and helpfullness of the staff to the plushness of the towels to the quality of the free breakfast (way above usual motel fare - the scrambled eggs were real and freshly cooked and even the biscuits and gravy were acceptable) was well above average for a property in this class of hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WestTexastraveller17
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 20 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor! We greatly appreciate that you took time out of your day for us. We are glad to hear that everything exceeded expectations, since we put forward such an effort for excellence. We sincerely hope to see you again should you ever be through the area again! Good travels to you.

Waxahachie, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2012

My wife and I arrived late Friday night for a one night stay. Check in was quick and the lady at the counter was friendly. Cleanliness of room was good. The continental breakfast was just okay. This seems to be a common trend at most of the chains of hotels. Cheap food.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 174btw
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 11 February 2012
I want to say that we appreciate you coming on here and leaving a review! Our staff loves being able to provide the best, friendliest service in town. We're excited to hear that our continuing commitment to excellence is still evident.

I hope we have the chance to serve you again if you're ever back through the area.

Cisco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Kari is the best! Everytime I go to Brownwood, I stay at the Holiday Inn Express. They always say, "Wecome back!" whenever I walk in the door, and I feel like they really mean it. All the staff members are kind and helpful.
The last time I tried to make a reservation, they were booked up. I called Michael back every day, hoping for a last minute cancellation. Kari overheard Michael say my name and recognized it immediately. She found a way to get me in a room! How great is that?!

I love this hotel!

Room Tip: I stayed in the handicapped room once. I won't request it again.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank batteas
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 20 January 2012
I definitely want to take the time to say "Thank you!" for staying with us and for your review here on TripAdvisor. All of our staff will go out of our way to accommodate any one of our welcome guests. We are quite pleased that we were able to find a room for you. With the hotel business, there is always a chance of cancellations and our General Manager was more than happy to thoroughly investigate the matter to ensure your satisfaction!

We here at Holiday Inn Express, Brownwood hope to see you again! We are proud that our commitment to excellence shines through for all of guests to see!

Gladstone, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2011

This was one of the most hospitable places I've been to in a long time and I travel a lot. Staff was always very helpful and pleasant to work with. The rooms were a very nice size and very clean. The hotel internet was a little slow, but there was a full house when we stayed so this may have been to blame.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 27 December 2011
Thank you for taking your time to come here and post such a positive review, especially so closely following the hectic holiday season! We are continually striving for excellence in our hotel and staff, and I'm glad that it shines through to the guests such as yourself.

We will be glad to serve you again, should you ever be through the area! It was a pleasure serving you and all our other wonderful guests that stayed this holiday. Have a happy New Years and a prosperous 2012.

Bastrop, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2011

Nice room, comfortable beds. Great breakfast. My boys especially enjoyed the pancake maker. I forgot a couple of items. Called & spoke to Michael and he took care of it for me immediately. Very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 2 December 2011
Thank you for staying with us during the busy Thanksgiving season, and we also appreciate you taking time out of your day to post a review here on Tripadvisor! The addition of the automatic pancake maker has made our already popular hot continental breakfast an even more spectacular hit. I'm also glad to have been able to help locate your left behind items. Our wonderful Housekeeping staff are always prompt to notify Management when items have been left, so that we may reunite our guests with their wayward property. We really do hope to see you again if you're ever back in the area.

-Michael Bradford,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2011

The staff was excellent. Michael at the front desk arranged an early check in and gave me a good suggestion for dinner. The room was large and clean. The bed was comfortable. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank roxiekay
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Thank you for your honest feedback! As the new Director of Sales, I'd like to personally express my gratitude that you enjoyed your stay so much. We look forward to seeing you again if you are ever in the area!

-Michael Bradford,
HIEXP Brownwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#5 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brownwood? Share your experiences!