“Still good”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Lubbock, Texas
“Still good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

We had stayed at this hotel before and been really impressed with the value, quality, and expecially the staff. It is still good, but this time we were not as impressed. Nothing was wrong. Everything was fully acceptable. It was just a more nearly average than before. It is still a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WestTexastraveller17

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

First, the staff at this hotel is incredible. They are welcoming, attentive, and responsive. They cannot be blamed, in the least, for this poor review. However, the hotel is out of date. The carpets in the rooms are musty and old and in need of changing. In every room that I have stayed in, the bathroom is unacceptable. There is mold, decaying walls, and insufficient venting. The shower pressure is so strong that the curtains fly about and water gets everywhere. The toilets are powerful, but are terribly dirty and really loud. In my opinion, the staff of this hotel are being short changed by Holiday Inn. They deserve better and newer facilities as do the customers.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank BrianKincaid
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear BrianKincaid,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we value your loyalty to our brand and hotels. I am pleased to know that you find our staff incredible. Our staff members are truly the heart of the hotel and we are glad it's being appreciated by our guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay and if your stay was negatively affected by the overall cleanliness of the room. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I have taken notes of your feedback and assure you that proper measures will be taken to improve the quality of service we offer.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I had a stop over here on a trip across the country and was very happy I found it. The hotel was clean and efficient. The rooms were comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

I stay in hotels all over the world but when I am traveling on the road, I always look for a Holiday Inn Express as it always works. This one was no exception and I am glad I stayed there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Richmond, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

My family and I stayed here over Thanksgiving weekend while visiting some relatives. I found the room clean and ample for our family of four. The staff at the front desk and the staff working in the breakfast area were all very friendly and accomodating. They did leave a note in our room that there would be no housekeeping on Thanksgiving so they could give their employees time off and while we got less service that day, I sure didn't have a problem with that. I would stay here again if passing through Brownwood.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 22 March 2013
We are very thankful that you took the time to post a review here on Tripadvisor. Just as you are important to us, we thank you for allowing us to honor our housekeeping staff on major holidays as well! We look forward to having you and your family back through here any time!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

We always stay here when we come to visit family. Nice room all around. From the front desk
to housekeeping. Love love love

Was not noisy except for when housekeeping was cleaning outside our door. Overall was a good trip

Room Tip: Higher floors seemed quieter?
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to stay with us and review our property! Our staff really makes the difference here. We are committed to providing excellent accommodations while you are away from home. We are very glad to hear that you've enjoyed your multiple experiences here enough to keep coming back. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you again!

Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013

We travel to Brownwood quite often to visit family. We will not stay anywhere but Holiday Inn. Stephanie is always very accommodating and friendly. We always feel as if we are staying at home. They even have a crib for my baby to sleep in and it was very clean and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable, and the rooms are always very clean. Room service comes in everyday and cleans room and restocks towels, coffee, etc. Breakfast is always hot and well stocked and they offer a great selection. As I said, Stephanie is always helpful with anything that we need and she makes sure that we have everything we need to make our stay great. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank reno1023
StaySmartwHIE_BWDTX, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Brownwood, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
Thank you for another honest review! I am highly pleased that you have been so happy with our staff and accommodations to return multiple times! We appreciate the repeat stays and repeat reviews here on Tripadvisor.

We look forward to serving you again and we remain committed to excellence as always!

Duncan, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

The hotel was very clean for the entrance, rooms, and dining areas. The staff was extremely friendly and made sure any needs were met. The free hot breakfast was very good, with any messes cleaned up immediately and all the plentiful food kept appropriately hot or cold. I had come to Brownwood for a sickness and death in the family, and the hotel stay helped to make the trip less depressing.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Gbash_ok
I wanted to take to come and personally thank you for your honest review. We have a wonderful staff that is committed to excellence here in Brownwood, Tx! We work hard to ensure cleanliness and attentiveness to your needs are all me. I welcome you back to our property anytime you're coming back through the area! We look forward to having you again!

HIE Brownwood
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood
Gate 1 inn
Gate 1 inn
#5 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Holiday Inn Express Brownwood? Share your experiences!