“Best breakfast around!”

Red Wagon Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 59 Restaurants in Brownwood
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have only ever eaten breakfast at the Red Wagon and it is the best in town. Two eggs, sausage, hash browns, and either toast or two biscuits with bowl of gravy (I get the biscuits and have one with gravy and one with jelly). And all for under $5. Your basic small town diner that the locals flock to!

Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have always liked this place, but then I love getting homecooked food at a bargain price. Doesn't seem that anything is from a mix or frozen out of a box. Great breakfast. Always an "interesting" crowd. Big con- still allow smoking but they do have a room in the back for non-smokers. That is why I don't go more often.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

Greasy spoon.... Been in business a long time, just not the kind of food I like. I think some people just visit and drink coffee and like the old "type" of greasy spoon food.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just the typical greasy spoon, dirty glass, nasty plate, filthy fork and bad food one would expect from a 'diner' of this level.....which is very low. If you're a non smoker, you'll probably lose what appetite you had on the way in the door..... the whole place smells like an ashtray (and I AM a smoker....even offended me!)

Thank NoneOfYourBitne... S
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Excellent prices, good service, homey atmosphere.
Busy place and a little noisy.Great prices