“Old-style country diner”

Cuisines: American
Dallas, TX
“Old-style country diner”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Very popular local diner located near downtown Brownwood. Good, big country breakfast at a reasonable price. My only complaint is that smoking is allowed and a lot of folks were enjoying an after breakfast cigarette. I understand there is a non-smoking area, but I didn't see it and was not asked my choice of seating. Good for food and local atmosphere, bad for anyone who doesn't care for smoke with their breakfast.

• Visited August 2013

Harker Heights
“Best breakfast around!”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I have only ever eaten breakfast at the Red Wagon and it is the best in town. Two eggs, sausage, hash browns, and either toast or two biscuits with bowl of gravy (I get the biscuits and have one with gravy and one with jelly). And all for under $5. Your basic small town diner that the locals flock to!

• Visited August 2013
Brownwood,TX
“I love this dive”
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I have always liked this place, but then I love getting homecooked food at a bargain price. Doesn't seem that anything is from a mix or frozen out of a box. Great breakfast. Always an "interesting" crowd. Big con- still allow smoking but they do have a room in the back for non-smokers. That is why I don't go more often.

Visited September 2012
TX
“Just an old place that people like the old greasy spoon”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Greasy spoon.... Been in business a long time, just not the kind of food I like. I think some people just visit and drink coffee and like the old "type" of greasy spoon food.

Brownwood, Texas
“Another greasy spoon.....”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Just the typical greasy spoon, dirty glass, nasty plate, filthy fork and bad food one would expect from a 'diner' of this level.....which is very low. If you're a non smoker, you'll probably lose what appetite you had on the way in the door..... the whole place smells like an ashtray (and I AM a smoker....even offended me!)

Thank NoneOfYourBitne... S