“Happy stay”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Brownwood
Dallas, Texas
“Happy stay”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were very happy with Gate 1 Inn...the rooms were large, clean and comfortible. The breakfast was simple, cereal, fruit, breads, juice, milk and coffee-very adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful. I reccommend it for a great value and safe location too! Jacie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank zummer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I booked this hotel over the phone without seeing it. My boyfriend and I were coming into town for my high school reunion and wanted a reasonably priced motel. When we came in the door, the lobby had an overpowering odor. As we waited for the manager to find my reservation, we became nauseous from the smell. As my boyfriend put it, "it smells like a diaper bin." Not only that, it looked run down and very outdated. We felt that the rooms would be unsanitary, given the smell and appearance. We told the manager that we weren't staying there and were going to look for another motel. He said okay and we left. The next day, I noticed my bank card had been debited for the motel. I called the manager and he said that they had a 24 hour cancellation policy. At no time when we were in the lobby, did the manager ever mention this. He never told us we would be charged for the room if we didn't stay. I called my bank and they got the manager on the line. He ranted and raved and wouldn't even let me speak, so they had to disconnect him. I'm still trying to get this off my card. What a dishonest manager and a smelly motel!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LM196512
Reviewed 27 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel is not brand new..The price range is good..The rooms are spacious.. I found the beds to be a little hard..This hotel sits in a very quite and peaceful area..Not a lot or morning or night time noise.. The staff is nice..Maid service is good..

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank cjc1977
Shreveport LA
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Very large rooms, friendly staff and a convenient restaurant make Gate One where I always stay in Briwnwood. Beats the chains by a mile.

• Stayed December 2011
4 Thank Steve S
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I stayed here on labor holiday because I tried to book pretty famous franchise hotel but they are so pricy.
I called up this motel and luckily I can get a room at the half price.
Rooms was so spacious and decorating. Room was so quiet and clean. Our family enjoyed excellent big size of swimming pool.
we asked to swim more even 10 pm and polite staff let us do it.
They have nice steak restaurant in the same premises.
Restaurant is open breakfast to dinner so very convenient
I,ll stay here definitely next visit.
I found hidden jewel here in Brownwood

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Annie L
Waller, Texas
Reviewed 29 August 2011

The room was big and the bed was big, woke up the next day, found like dog hair in the bed. :/ & when i went to take a shower the floors in the bathroom were sticky. Gross.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Megan S
Waxahachie, TX
Reviewed 17 July 2011

We come here every year for a family reunion and always have a great stay. Huge clean room, micro and fridge, quiet area, easy parking, polite staff for half the price of the other hotels in town. Even a clean swimming pool and the Section Hand restaurant next door is good.

• Stayed July 2011
2 Thank Cowgirl2951
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
Knights Inn Brownwood
La Quinta Inn & Suites Brownwood
Comfort Inn Early
Comfort Inn Early
#1 of 1 in Early

Been to Gate 1 inn? Share your experiences!