“beautiful getaway”

Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Brownwood B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had the most beautiful elopement! It is very obvious from staying here that Deb is very passionate about her B&B. The attention to detail by both her and Don was what really impressed us. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious every day, and they were more than accommodating for all of our needs. Deb and Don are very easy to work with and they made our elopement exactly as we imagined it! Thank you both so much for making our day run so smoothly. We definitely recommend this place to our friends, family, and anyone else looking for a relaxing place to get away from everything. Also- the beds are super comfy!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Oak Cottage - hand built by Don! We absolutely loved this cottage and we will defin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for your review, and yes we are passionate about what we do. We do look forward to having you all again, and thanks for spreading the word. deb

Reviewed 10 September 2013

I'm so glad I found Star of Texas B&B; it was just what we needed to start our marriage off with ease and fun. From massages to playing with the cat, we enjoyed everything little bit of the place. I just wish our friends and family can grasp how beautiful it was with the pictures I took. The food and wine selections were right on the money for us! (Especially the pasta dinner!) And our ceremony couldn't of been more us; the vows, the moon gate, the pictures that Deb took, cake, champagne...perfect! We plan to come back and will let some of our friends know in case they decide to elope!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ebowen3488
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your time with us and all your special packages. We do look forward to having you and your friends come again. Remember us when it's vow renewal time also. Thanks Deb

Reviewed 7 August 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Star of Texas Bed and Breakfast. It is truly a star,it shines so bright. We stayed for our 29th Anniversary we loved every moment of everything about the Star of Texas. The Star of Texas is very secluded and relaxing. The cottages are extremely clean and cozy. The place is breath taking. The breakfast is delicious. We also ordered the cheese tray and it was perfection as is the whole experience of this bed and breakfast. Don and Deb are wonderful. We will return!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: All the cottages are awesome!!!!!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tonya F
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our bed and breakfast. We are so grateful that you enjoyed your whole experience here with us. We do hope to see you again in the future. Check us out in the fall when it's much cooler and the leaves have fallen.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night for our 10 year anniversary. This was the best B&B we have stayed at and would highly recommend to anyone. The cabins are extremely clean and in great condition. Located outside of town and in the woods, they provided just the secluded and relaxing stay we were looking for. Oh, and the food is OUTSTANDING. We hope to be back soon and highly recommend to anyone looking for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Doug D
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

I love the word, "magical", thank you so much for describing our place this way. We often feel the same way about it. We are so happy that you were so pleased with you elopement ceremony and all the packages that went with it. We do hope to see you again in the future. deb

Reviewed 7 June 2013

My new husband and I chose to elope. I found Star of Texas Bed and Breakfast on the Internet and it seemed like a good choice. I'm so glad we stayed there! Every breakfast of our three night stay was a taste adventure and a triumph. We enjoyed the beautiful garden area. It is filled with vintage repurposed decor & at night it is lit so that it seemed like a midsummer night's dream with some friendly cats. There is a nature trail with some fun, interesting outdoor art & two adorable mini donkeys. Our room was so romantic done in a shabby chic style with a spacious bathroom with a jacuzzi tub. This bathroom was great for getting dressed for the ceremony. The room also had a private hot tub perfect for watching the stars. The ceremony was so, so special and intimate just like we had hoped for. The vows were perfect and the cake was adorable and delicious. Don and Deb made the whole stay magical. My new husband and I agree The Star of Texas Bed and Breakfast,as a whole, is a great place to find peace and truly enjoy one another's company. We will definitely be back. Just magical! -

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tippyzippy
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2013

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay so much. I love the different words people use to describe us as they see things, your choice brought delight to my heart. deb

Reviewed 31 May 2013

We purchased the ultimate elopement package for our wedding. We were happy with our stay and with the ceremony. However, we were a little disappointed with some aspects. According to the elopement package, we were to receive a photo CD of our ceremony. We did receive this because I chose to pay a professional photographer to take photos. I had no idea that the innkeepers were not taking photos and was really disappointed to not have more pictures. I also had let the innkeepers know that I have a nut allergy and requested a nut-free menu. However, nuts were still placed on our cheese tray. I realize that some people do not have allergies to foods and do not understand how bad an allergic reaction can be. I do and I cannot eat foods that are even touching nuts. My husband doesn't eat nuts either so he doesn't pose a threat to me.
All in all, the innkeepers were friendly and kind but I think I hoped to feel just a little more special on my wedding day. I saw pictures on the B & B website of bridal shoes and tattoos on brides; I had awesome shoes and boots and tattoos but had no photos taken of me.
On a final note, we broke a wine glass on our trip home and Deb was kind enough to replace it free of charge for me. I really appreciate that.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

I am sorry for the things you were not pleased with. I tried taking pictures behind the photographer, but being it was in the middle of the afternoon, my pictures had way to many shadows to use, I am sorry, as I stated I am not a professional photographer, but try my best. I know your photos from Brian will be great. On the nuts, that was my mistake, you just said no nuts for you, if the word allergies would have been said, I would have been much more cautious and questioned you on it, as I always try to be aware of that. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 23 April 2013

We booked a room for an impromptu motorcycle trip to the Hill Country in the Cottonwood room. The experience was awesome. Don and Debbie pay much attention to detail in creating a "world within a world". Lighting, music, hot tub under the stars, outstanding breakfast....all made an excellent experience. We will return...it's a repeat! Thanks for a memoriable night!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
DebbieMStar, Owner at Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2013

We love the sound of motorcycles coming down our country lane. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and let us play with the cycles for some photos. Hope to have you come again sometime and hopefully stay longer. deb

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownwood
Hampton Inn Brownwood
#1 of 1 in Early
Knights Inn Brownwood
Knights Inn Brownwood
#6 of 7 in Brownwood

Been to Star of Texas Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!