“Eagle's nest a relaxing retreat”

Abigaile's Treehouse
Ranked #1 of 10 Bryan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband, myself and young son stayed in the Eagle's nest for two nights. I am glad we splurged for the Eagle's Nest rather than one of the suites with a shared kitchen located on the second floor, as we had lots of privacy and lots of space to spread out and relax in the nest.My son enjoyed sleeping in the loft, or on the sofa facing the fireplace area.

The B&B is located in a residential area very close to downtown Bryan, and is conveniently located to everything in the Bryan/College Station area. All of the facilities are modern and the A/C works great, which can be a problem in other, older B&Bs when temperatures hover over 100 degrees.

The sheets on the king bed in the Eagle's Nest were super soft and the bed was very comfortable. We slept great, despite the lack of window coverings. I thought I would have trouble sleeping with all of the natural light coming into the windows, but we all slept fine.

The only negative was that it seemed to take over 45 minutes for the spa located in the room to heat up from 91 to 95 degrees one evening. I would have preferred a much hotter spa bath after a day of riding motocross with friends, but I did not have the patience to wait for it to heat up, and I was afraid the room would get too humid if I left it to heat up for several hours.

The breakfast Lisa prepared for us was very tasty, there was strawberry bread, fruit and fritattas one morning and blueberry muffins, fruit and a cornbread/egg souffle the other morning. She also stocked the frig with plenty of water, sodas, juice and cheese/crackers and chocolates and oatmeal cookies were provided each day for afternoon snacking.

I really appreciated the fact that Lisa prepared a breakfast for us that could be enjoyed at our leisure in the privacy of our own room. I often want to sleep in later than the B&B owner wants to schedule breakfast when I am vacationing.

Lisa also responded quickly to my emails and text messages, which made deciding to stay with her a breeze.

Room Tip: Go for the Eagle's nest if you want total seclusion with lots of space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany S

Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I prefer guest houses, unique properties, and bed and breakfasts, whether we are traveling abroad or in Texas. Abigaile's Treehouse, along with Connor's Corner, now top our list of favorites. We rented the second floor, which consists of the Jasmine and Aspen suites, full kitchen and living room, and two porches overlooking the beautiful landscape. The faux fireplace was a great touch, as was the soothing decor, aromatherapy candles, DirectTV, bottled water and drinks, coffee, fresh fruit, and homemade lemon bread, cookies, breakfast frittata and salsa. Lisa, the owner, is a delight and a true professional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

It is hard for me to even put into words how incredible and unique Abigaile's Treehouse happens to be. I honestly and truly think that you need to see it in person to appreciate it. I spent two nights in The Eagle's Nest back in April of this year. I was looking forward to staying at this property. This property was nothing short of amazing! Lisa was very friendly and I enjoyed meeting her and talking with her. The Eagle's Nest was incredible! It was so spacious and comfortable. This place had everything that I needed and more. The hot tub in the room was wonderful. The view was very nice and the breakfasts were delicious! I was in the area visiting some friends and they flipped out when they saw where I was staying. They couldn't believe how wonderful it was until I showed them in person. They actually wanted me to trade with them and stay at their home so they could stay in The Eagle's Nest. I can honestly say that words just don't do it justice. This is a property that just has to be experienced in person. I only wish that I could have stayed longer. Hopefully I will be able to stay again sometime in the future. Thanks again to Lisa for providing me with such a wonderful and amazing place to stay.

Room Tip: The Eagle's Nest is incredible! It takes up the entire third floor and has a hot tub in the roo...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PrincessLea3
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed here while I was attending a conference at A&M. I initially searched for hotel rooms and then realized I could stay here for the same price and get a MUCH better experience. The owner is very friendly and accommodating and the inn is beautifully decorated. There are smaller rooms downstairs, which I didn't see. The second floor is a full kitchen and two bedrooms, each with their own sink/toilet and a shared/connected shower/tub. This would be perfect for a family of group of friends. While I stayed there, I was the only one staying on the second floor, so I had it all to myself. Breakfast was very good (left for you the night before). The Eagle's Nest is AWESOME...the whole third floor and very nice. The grounds are lovely and peaceful. I come to this conference every year and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 July 2011

We travel to Bryan often to visit our children and once I found the Treehouse we won't stay anywhere else. We love the peace and beauty it offers. Reading one of the wonderful reviews, which had a concern about privacy I thought I would leave this one. The second floor does offer two suites which uses the full kitchen and two bathrooms but the host never rents it to two different people. It's only used for couples or families that come together... which is wonderful to have so much room and be all together. But if it's just one party staying in one of the suites...she blocks off the other one so you would have the whole second floor to yourself!!! This is one of our favorite suites. Can't wait to return to our home away from home.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ljones_save
Reviewed 6 July 2011

The hostess was very kind. The place was top notch. Privacy would be the only concern if the place was fully rented. This was not an issue during our stay. The kitchen and shower is shared between two of the rooms. The hallway is shared as well. The eagles nest is very private, beautiful view and spacious. The linens and bed were very comfortable. We felt at home and certianly would stay again!!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed 2 December 2010

My mother and I stayed with my niece and nephew in the Eagle's nest for three days. We had a great time with them. They were thrilled to sleep in the loft and my mom and I were very comfortable with our accomodations. The breakfast's were fabulous and the hospitatlity was top notch. I look forward to to opportunity to visit again and stay at the Treehouse. It a is very peaceful place.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryan
The Stella Hotel
The Villa Bed and Breakfast at Messina Hof
The LaSalle Boutique Hotel & 120 Kitchen
Best Western Premier Bryan College Station
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Hearne

Been to Abigaile's Treehouse? Share your experiences!