“Peaceful”

Abigaile's Treehouse
Ranked #1 of 10 Bryan B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Stayed in the Eagle's Nest for two nights and had a wonderful time relaxing with my mom and sister. Lisa, the owner, was so kind and accommodating to us. We met a friend for lunch and Lisa was fine with her coming back to the B&B to visit in our room with us. Our friend loved the room too and is planning on returning for a stay. The whole property and B&B are beautiful! The garden was so green and peaceful. The balcony was a great place to watch the sun rise, the squirrels and hummingbirds eating, and the kittens playing in the garden. Lisa made us breakfast dishes (hash- brown/cheese/ham dish and an egg/cheese/turkey dish; both served with delicious salsa) and yummy cookies and cakes. She also provided cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, sodas, juice, coffee, and water. The bed was very comfortable, the room and linens were nice and clean too. The Eagle's nest also has a hot tub that we all enjoyed. You do have to climb stairs to get to this room, so it might not work for those with bad knees or disabilities. This place is definitely a special, peaceful home away from home. I highly recommend Abigaile's Treehouse; skip the hotel and come experience this little piece of heaven for yourself! I will definitely be returning with my husband in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Teresa B

Reviewed 9 April 2013

Just a beautiful property and Lisa has thought of everything you might need. You are 2 miles from A & M and walking distance to downtown Bryan. The grounds a beautiful and it's very pleasant having coffee on your private deck or balcony. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank lindagiles
Reviewed 16 March 2013

We took a Spring Break trip with our two kids and meandered to College Station to visit A&M where their babysitter will attend college in the fall. We decided to try B&Bs this trip and when I found Abigaile's Treehouse I knew the kids would love it!

In order to accommodate the four of us we rented both rooms on the second floor. These private bedrooms share a jack and jill bathroom with two toilets and a large tub/shower. We also had a living room area and a full kitchen. It is true that those staying on the third floor have to walk up the stairs in the middle of the second floor, but I never saw them and everyone was very respectful of our space and privacy. The kids liked that there are two balconies on the second floor.

What we loved...Lisa was incredibly nice and accommodated my request for a breakfast that would appeal to the kids! The grounds were just beautiful and we enjoyed exploring them. Our biggest bonus was that the outdoor cat had a three week old adorable kitten that we petted on and admired often. My daughter would like us to return in a few weeks to adopt the kitten she named Stormy.

The treehouse is near a wonderful park that we did not have time to explore and is very close to downtown Bryan.

Some reviewers have commented on the Christian themed decor, but if that is not your thing, don't let it put you off, it was tasteful and not too in your face.

Abigaile's Treehouse truly felt like we were in our own home and we would love to come stay again for a longer visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband, myself and young son stayed in the Eagle's nest for two nights. I am glad we splurged for the Eagle's Nest rather than one of the suites with a shared kitchen located on the second floor, as we had lots of privacy and lots of space to spread out and relax in the nest.My son enjoyed sleeping in the loft, or on the sofa facing the fireplace area.

The B&B is located in a residential area very close to downtown Bryan, and is conveniently located to everything in the Bryan/College Station area. All of the facilities are modern and the A/C works great, which can be a problem in other, older B&Bs when temperatures hover over 100 degrees.

The sheets on the king bed in the Eagle's Nest were super soft and the bed was very comfortable. We slept great, despite the lack of window coverings. I thought I would have trouble sleeping with all of the natural light coming into the windows, but we all slept fine.

The only negative was that it seemed to take over 45 minutes for the spa located in the room to heat up from 91 to 95 degrees one evening. I would have preferred a much hotter spa bath after a day of riding motocross with friends, but I did not have the patience to wait for it to heat up, and I was afraid the room would get too humid if I left it to heat up for several hours.

The breakfast Lisa prepared for us was very tasty, there was strawberry bread, fruit and fritattas one morning and blueberry muffins, fruit and a cornbread/egg souffle the other morning. She also stocked the frig with plenty of water, sodas, juice and cheese/crackers and chocolates and oatmeal cookies were provided each day for afternoon snacking.

I really appreciated the fact that Lisa prepared a breakfast for us that could be enjoyed at our leisure in the privacy of our own room. I often want to sleep in later than the B&B owner wants to schedule breakfast when I am vacationing.

Lisa also responded quickly to my emails and text messages, which made deciding to stay with her a breeze.

Room Tip: Go for the Eagle's nest if you want total seclusion with lots of space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Tiffany S
Reviewed 9 June 2012

My husband and I prefer guest houses, unique properties, and bed and breakfasts, whether we are traveling abroad or in Texas. Abigaile's Treehouse, along with Connor's Corner, now top our list of favorites. We rented the second floor, which consists of the Jasmine and Aspen suites, full kitchen and living room, and two porches overlooking the beautiful landscape. The faux fireplace was a great touch, as was the soothing decor, aromatherapy candles, DirectTV, bottled water and drinks, coffee, fresh fruit, and homemade lemon bread, cookies, breakfast frittata and salsa. Lisa, the owner, is a delight and a true professional.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

It is hard for me to even put into words how incredible and unique Abigaile's Treehouse happens to be. I honestly and truly think that you need to see it in person to appreciate it. I spent two nights in The Eagle's Nest back in April of this year. I was looking forward to staying at this property. This property was nothing short of amazing! Lisa was very friendly and I enjoyed meeting her and talking with her. The Eagle's Nest was incredible! It was so spacious and comfortable. This place had everything that I needed and more. The hot tub in the room was wonderful. The view was very nice and the breakfasts were delicious! I was in the area visiting some friends and they flipped out when they saw where I was staying. They couldn't believe how wonderful it was until I showed them in person. They actually wanted me to trade with them and stay at their home so they could stay in The Eagle's Nest. I can honestly say that words just don't do it justice. This is a property that just has to be experienced in person. I only wish that I could have stayed longer. Hopefully I will be able to stay again sometime in the future. Thanks again to Lisa for providing me with such a wonderful and amazing place to stay.

Room Tip: The Eagle's Nest is incredible! It takes up the entire third floor and has a hot tub in the roo...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank PrincessLea3
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed here while I was attending a conference at A&M. I initially searched for hotel rooms and then realized I could stay here for the same price and get a MUCH better experience. The owner is very friendly and accommodating and the inn is beautifully decorated. There are smaller rooms downstairs, which I didn't see. The second floor is a full kitchen and two bedrooms, each with their own sink/toilet and a shared/connected shower/tub. This would be perfect for a family of group of friends. While I stayed there, I was the only one staying on the second floor, so I had it all to myself. Breakfast was very good (left for you the night before). The Eagle's Nest is AWESOME...the whole third floor and very nice. The grounds are lovely and peaceful. I come to this conference every year and will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business