“I'd want to keep THE VILLAGE CAFE all to myself!”
Review of The Village Cafe

The Village Cafe
Ranked #24 of 177 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
B-CS, Texas
“I'd want to keep THE VILLAGE CAFE all to myself!”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We ordered the GARDEN BURRITO, potatoes, coffee and iced tea. Our burritos were delicious. We could have split it and had enough for a light breakfast. The eggs were fluffy, the spinach fresh and leafy, sweet red peppers, avocado, fresh salsa - yummy! Oh the new potatoes were great too. Such a delightful breakfast dining experience in a town filled with fast food and chain crap. But stay away! I love this place just the way it is! (:

It is surprising to see the negative reviews. We have had three perfect trips to The Village Cafe.

• Visited March 2013

Bryan, Texas, United States
“What happned to this place?”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Made a visit to the "newly remodeled" Village Cafe in downtown Bryan today and am now wondering why. Though the place looks better, the food/service have been remodeled as well and not for the better. Sandwich arrived on dry, stale wheat bread. Avocado consisted of a 1/8 x 1/2 inch slice of avocado. When companion asked for more for the three of us whose sandwiches had little to none, the sullen counter person said "extra" could be provided. Where was the normal amount in the first place? Side Greek Salad was soggy and overdrenched in dressing. Accompanying bread was stale as well. Sandwich/chips/salad and a bottled Coke came in at $16. For that price, I can get the abuse elsewhere and more and fresher food.

• Visited January 2013
Bryan, Texas
“Village Cafe”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

I was served my food on a dirty plate. The whole bottom of the plate was covered in gooey mess which I could see when the waitress carried it to our table. When I pointed it out my meal was carried to the kitchen where it was pushed from the dirty plate onto a clean one and returned to my table in only 2 minutes. I just could not eat food that had been on a dirty plate.

Visited January 2012
Houston, Texas
“Charming Little Place...”
Reviewed 11 November 2012 via mobile

Friends of ours recently held their wedding here, & it was perfect! We grabbed some coffee early in the day, & the staff, although very busy, were super friendly... When we returned for the Event later that evening, we were again impressed. The food we had was wonderful, the atmosphere was great, and the service very nice. Met the owner, who was very warm & welcoming. It's a charming little place, the kind I wish that we had in our area! The Artwork was cool, as well... Overall, a fun time & a memorable experience!

1 Thank cdh713
College Station, Texas, United States
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

very very slow service - ran out of soy milk for lattes and never went back. I saw a group of ladies eating there and they had waited for a long time to get their food, they were getting very impatient and brought just a few things out at a time - they were from a retirement center. Every time I was there, they were very slow bringing out the food and when working this is just not acceptable.