“Good food, laid back ambiance and service”
Review of The Village Cafe

The Village Cafe
Ranked #21 of 194 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We went for breakfast on a rainy Friday morning with some friends. We had 4 coffees, 2 large fresh squeezed OJ's, a breakfast panini with potatoes, a slice of quiche with fruit, a King Rex (2 eggs, potatoes, bacon, wheat toast), and an orange oat-pecan waffle. The OJ was outstanding. The panini and quiche were very good, as was the fruit. My waffle was very dense and filling--and good. The King Rex orderer, who admittedly would have preferred biscuits and gravy, said it was ok. Coffee was good, but getting refills was something of an ordeal that involved taking cups to the counter. They had no soy creamer but did provide soy milk for coffee when I requested it. As other reviewers have noted, getting our food took a long time. We commented that it was a good thing we weren't starving. Our total for all four people was around $52. I know they use local sources and organic food. Their menu is varied and imaginative. So go and enjoy with the prior knowledge that it is not inexpensive nor will it be quick. They would have received a Very Good from me on the basis of food alone, but the wait really was excessive.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I like the location but the food is just ok, a bit expensive for what they offer. Service isn't great and gets worst when they are busy.
I like the art gallery and live music aspects of the place. So what I do is I eat elsewhere and go to Village for a drink.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

This is an "order at the counter" type of cafe - really enjoyed the "100 monkeys" sandwich and a cup of tomato basil soup. Everything was fresh and tasty! Staff was very friendly, and let me order while I waited for my friends, but delivered all the food at the same time. Art on the walls, and a change jar to support KEOS community radio. Funky local hangout.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Really a grocery store with lots of health foods and a good food counter. Lots of parking and easy o get in and get out.

Reviewed 14 June 2013

This is our hangout when visiting family in Bryan - free wifi, good coffee, and very tasty sandwiches, all with very mellow, laid-back coffeehouse ambience in downtown. Highly recommended.

Been to The Village Cafe? Share your experiences!