“One of those memorable meals you only find when the owner works in the kitchen”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caffe' Capri

Caffe' Capri
Reserve with OpenTable
Caffe' Capri is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 175 Restaurants in Bryan
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Caffe Capri is a small restaurant with a menu full of great dishes that are cooked perfectly. This type of restaurant is so hard to find and so easy to overlook when you're in a place like College Station where you're overwhelmed with corporate restaurant brands.

It's tough for a restaurant to serve a pasta dish that is memorable, but the Cajun Fettucini (added shrimp) will be hard to forget. The noodles were noteworthy for being cooked perfectly and they were served with just the right amount of a sauce that had just the right amount of Cajun kick to it.

My daughter had a basil ravioli dish that was equally amazing. I've only had ravioli made with fresh, hand made, pasta a few times and it was always so much better than the pre-made frozen version most people know. The ravioli here was by far the best of the homemade dishes I've ever had.

The restaurant is pretty small, so be prepared to wait if you don't have a reservation. If you want a reservation, you need to make it early because they don't take same day reservations so there are still tables available for walk-ins. I would imagine the wait would be pretty long on a home football weekend.

• Visited March 2014

College Station, Texas
“Don't make reservations!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We made reservations for 7 P.M. and arrived at 6:45 P.M. After waiting 30 minutes, my 6 month pregnant wife and I noticed people without reservations were being seated before us, and had to complain. Once it was made aware to the hostess, she then seated three/four couples before us who still had no reservations. Once seated the waiter wanted to take our full order before, our drinks. Not the same place as six months prior. Before going to next time, I will ask if the owner is working as that seems to be the only time its fully enjoyable.

• Visited December 2013
“Not the same...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

This was our favorite place to dine at one time, but we went there last night and the food was bland and the portions were smaller....three bites and the salad was gone. We love a locally owned restaurant, but things are not the same here. We spend a lot of time in Austin, so I guess we're spoiled to the great food choices there. Maybe they were having a bad night, but I'm not sure I will give them another chance. :(

Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Favorite Restaurant in B/CS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

By far my favorite restaurant in B/CS. Aggie owned and operated. Great prices, and even better food!

Visited September 2013
Orlando, Florida
“NOSTALIC SURROUNDINGS; DELICIOUS ENTREE; TABLE SERVICE NEEDS OVERSIGHT”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

This restaurant is in quaint downtown Bryan. Parking on the streets surrounding the restaurant is mainly on the diagonal and is FREE. On weekends, get there early for parking as there are several other restaurants/venues sharing the same parking. The restaurant itself reminds me of some of the lovely old-fashioned brick two-story genuine Italian family restaurants in NYC, that might house the owner/manager and family in the space above the restaurant--IT WAS VERY CHARMING, COMFORTABLE AND NOSTALGIC for me.

My one imbibement of the evening was a lovely dry red, and of decent proportion for the price.

The generously-sliced bread that was served in a basket looked very appetizing and inviting, but the texture was a little on the dry side, probably because it was cold when served. There was no butter provided when served, which would have made it PERFECT, had the bread been warm.

My pasta entree itself was VERY delicious, but it came to me on the 'just this side of cold' side, like it was sitting in a server's window to be picked up for some time. I did enjoy the flavors, but it would have been perfect if it had been served the correct temperature. The person next to me said the same. Again, did not want to make a big deal and embarrass our host.

The salad was a different story....at first sight, it looked very appetizing with a nice variety of mixed greens with a yummy-looking dressing. Upon taking my share, I noted that many of the greens were a little brownish/rusty on the ribs and edges, and there were multiple little pieces of black, slimy (beyond their time) greens or spinach mixed in. The rust I can overlook, but slimy black stuff....no. I would not serve that to a guest in my own home. Someone did not check the quality when preparing, and also when serving, because it was quite obvious. Passed on the salad, as did another tablemate. I did mention it to a server when he asked how the salad was, and he said "I'm sorry". There was no offer to replace it, and I did not want to say anything to embarrass our host...so no salad.

I cannot comment on the desserts, since I did not partake, but saw several people eating what looked like extremely lovely, artful, generously-sized and decadent desserts.

Honestly, If the salad had looked truly fresh, the bread was warm and served with butter as a side option, and the entree had been hot...it would have been absolutely perfect.

I will give this restaurant another try.

• Visited August 2013