“not impressed”

Chicken Oil Company
Ranked #5 of 199 Restaurants in Bryan
Reviewed 15 April 2014

After hearing many positive reviews, I came to try it myself. The atmosphere is good, lots of old time stuff on the walls. The daily special was a wrap so I got the chicken wrap (fried). It came out in a tortilla that was border line hard, and the chicken with a side of sauce. No lettuce or anything else. The Tijuana fries were just plain ol frozen fries with cheese melted on top. The best part was the side of bbq sauce. The place drew a crowd, but sadly I won't be returning.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Regardless of other reviews, first of all this is a burger place- the prices are good, and they are just good basic burgers; much better than the chain burger places college students usually go to. Food was hot- Their "Death Burger" was just as good as the ones I remember from more than 30 years ago.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Food was so so. Those Tijuana fries are just badly made cheese fries. They must have picked the best reviews to put on another review website because I was not impressed. I've had much much better bugers. Crowded, messy, ick.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

After a recent Aggie football game we visited the Chicken Oil for some burgers. Very disappointing. The hamburger buns were cold, as were the fries. Seems like the food was better when we were regulars about 15 years ago.

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Visiting my son on campus this past weekend, went here having been told by many people how good the burgers are. I've become a bit of a burger snob, and I prefer someplace with fresh rolls and fresh beef. This place has neither. For $4 (before cheese) I can get a fresh beef burger at Wendy's, but these were obviously frozen. So were the right out of the freezer bag fries. The burgers were greasy and while the flavor was decent they were nothing special. The onion rings were decent but expensive. The decor of the old cans and license plates on the wall, stuffed animals (a big turn off for my 13 year old daughter) and such was cute. I'm sure Aggie grads like the A&M paper towels but if you want a good burger you can do better.

Been to Chicken Oil Company? Share your experiences!