“Excellent value! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 14 Hotels in Bryan
Jefferson City
“Excellent value! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Cliff notes: I highly recommend this for those of us who are used to $50 a night hotels you will be pleasantly surprised. If your used to $80+ you probably should choose another hotel in that price range.
The staff was very friendly, the room was exceptionally clean for both the age of the property and the price range, very nice court yard set up with nice clean pool. AC kept up with the July Texas heat the bed slept well. We stayed with our 9 year old and felt safe. Breakfast was basic but sufficient. The rooms had blow dryer, single serve coffee maker, fridge and microwave. There were full toiletries in the room (not typical at this price point) that were refilled each day. Our room also Did NOT have any Oder which I would expect with an older property. We will stay here again.
I recommend a ground level room on the court yard. If you want a room close to parking you need to ask for an outer room, however, the outer rooms have the blinds other posters didn't care for. We had a curtain in the courtyard.
Suggestions: our carpet could have used a shampooing, maybe some fruit and oatmeal for breakfast and ashtrays in the court yard or some one to pick up cigarette butts.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Nicole A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel four times now..the staff has always been very friendly. .the rooms are very clean and comfortable and it has been a great value. .it is a older hotel..but worth the money. .

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Robert O
University Inn ... B, General Manager at University Inn College Station, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us, we are grateful for your choice to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Regards,

Collin
General Manager.
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Last minute trip and this was the only option available in Bryan-College Station. Weren't expecting much but the hotel was actually not bad. There is no getting around its age and no one should stay here expecting anything in the way of luxury. But the room we stayed in (#246) was clean, the air conditioning did its job, the shower water was hot, and it served its purpose. I don't know that I would want to stay here for an extended period of time, but for a single night, just need a place to sleep kinda place, it was fine.

Some of the specific details:
Cleanliness: No issues whatsoever. Old but clean throughout.
Beds: Spartan frames and mattresses. Sheets and blankets on the thin side. But for a single night.... OK.
Air conditioning: Worked well and kept us cool throughout the night.
Towels: Small and thin.
Telephone: What telephone? None in our room.
Fridge/Microwave: Didn't use but the microwave was small and looked like it was from the 80s.
Bathroom: Toilet didn't run or clog, shower water was hot and had a strong flow.
Electrical outlets: Limited plugs made charging phones difficult.
Ceiling fan: Yes it had a fan. And it did a good job keeping a breeze in the room.
Lighting: Large florescent panel light in ceiling made lighting better than many fancier hotel rooms.
Parking: Were able to park right outside room. Decent amount of lighting made us more comfortable that the car was safe overnight. But not the kind of neighborhood or hotel that I would leave anything valuable in the car anyways!
WIFI: Didn't access but it seemed to be a strong signal and it was advertised as free access.
Breakfast: Free breakfast but we didn't utilize.
Front desk: Basic but efficient.

Room Tip: I would suggest a floor on the upper level and facing inwards in order to avoid the sounds from cars...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PetroAg
University Inn ... B, General Manager at University Inn College Station, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your comments. It is indeed an old property, but here at the university Inn College Station, we try our very best to ensure our guest are welcome and comfortable.We do appreciate your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.

Collin Wright
Key West, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Being familiar with the city, we knew this had been an old hotel, then college dorm, then dormant building, but had hoped it's refurbishment was a good sign of the new owners' commitment. We were wrong. It's still a dump. Although the rooms are large and the beds are comfy, the other furniture is in a shambles. The back of the nightstand was falling off and the dresser was missing some handles. The central AC/heat was nicer than a window unit until you noticed the mold around the vent. The carpet was really old as was the tub. It was about as clean as you could get such and old place, but still worrisome. The ice machine never worked even though we had them report it every day. One front desk attendant suggested we cross the street to the 99 cent store to buy a bag of ice. Instead, we bought some small ice trays and made our own in the mini-fridge, which was relatively new and quite nice. We never tried the microwave. When our remote went out, the front desk agent told us to track down a maid for a new battery. We balked and he finally brought a different one to our room, but it only had up and down buttons - no numbers. As expected, the sheets, towels and pillows were low grade.
The breakfast was hit and miss and the room was always really cold. The only nice touch at this place was great cookies and continuous coffee. At least the Wi-Fi worked.
This property has all kinds of potential. We urge the owners to put some time and effort into it and not charge $140 on graduation weekends. (Although it was nice and quiet with hardly any other occupants.)

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sugarloafers

Collin Wright
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a couple of times during 2013. The University Inn is clean, safe, and very reasonable. They have friendly and helpful staff and offer a free breakfast. Plan on staying there a couple more times in 2014.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jafflagger
Kingwood, Tx
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

When I first arrived, I was a little hesitant because it didn't look exactly like the photos - but, once I went in, the receptionist was very nice.

When I got the room, the smell was a little strange, but not terrible. I was a little uncomfortable with the giant window/wall and ill-fitting blinds, and I was afraid people could see into my room. Although there were new towels, and the room had obviously been partially cleaned, there was a belt left behind from a previous guest and there was a used towel handing on the door. When I went to call the front desk about it, I realized I had no room phone!

On the bright side, the night receptionist was very nice about it, and I've traveled in much worse places so I wasn't too troubled. The TV and wifi worked.

The next day, I did remind the front desk about my issues just to make sure I wouldn't be charged for a missing phone, and the lady seemed a bit confused and wrote a note about it, and I'm not sure if anything was ever done about it.

It was one of the cheaper places in town, and in America I assume this is the norm for cheap hotels - but I was kind of expecting a little more based on the website. I know other people would have been more upset in my situation with the dirty room, but I'm pretty easy going about these things. Hopefully no one else will run into this problem.

Room Tip: If you don't mind not being fancy and just need a quick place to stay, it's not a bad option...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Granbury, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

I was able to get last minute tickets to the A&M game versus Sam Houston and needed somewhere cheap and convenient to stay.

For a game day weekend, you could not even come close to the awesome price we paid for this room. The continental breakfast was well stocked and the receptionist was very friendly upon check in. The rooms looked newly redone and the bed was extremely comfortable. I felt very safe and It was an easy drive to the mall to hop on the game day bus.

Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bryan
Quality Inn & Suites Bryan
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, College Station
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#9 of 36 in College Station
Best Western PREMIER Bryan College Station
Motel 6 Bryan-College Station
Hilton College Station & Conference Center
Hilton College Station & Confere...
#10 of 36 in College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College Station
Home2 Suites by Hilton College S...
#1 of 36 in College Station

Been to University Inn College Station? Share your experiences!